1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Dilemma in choosing the right place

Discussion in 'Pre service query' started by Gopalakrishnan N N, Sep 22, 2016.

1. Gopalakrishnan N N

Gopalakrishnan N N Timido

Chennai
    Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    20160718_095258(1).jpg 20160718_095258(1).jpg Hello All,

I would like to seek your help in choosing the right place to repair a damage on my Punto 90 HP. An accident occurred where the there is a noticeable dent as well as scratch from the right quarter panel, rear door to the bumper. One of my colleague suggested me go or Ramkay fiat in Perungudi, where they quoted 34k and quoted for complete replacement of the quarter panel, (entire rear bumper, painting and removal and refitting). Attaching the picture for your reference. I was not quite satisfied with the service of RDC when I took my car for the 1st service there so I did not consider them an option and my friend also suggested Ramkay is much better based on his experience.

To have a better idea I went to expert spanners about whom I read some good reviews in team BHP. they quoted 24k and confirmed that they don't need to replace the entire quarter panel/bumper and the issues can be fixed much cheaper, though quoted more as insurance ppl will anyway' s reduce the final approval. Kindly assess the damage based on the pictures an give me your valuable feedbacks on whether it's advisable to have this repair done in Fiat itself/outside or suggest other places where I can do this.
  2. Giridhar

Giridhar Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Don't go to ramkay fiat. Go to bosh service center in vadapalani. Close to bus depot. They are good and very reasonable also.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
  3. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    I can see that this has nothing to do with your car daily movement. So as far as the car can run, don't be in a hurry to fix the repair. Get adequate quotes from outside. Any brand ASS quote high and they simply change to a new plate which is not advisable.Test your bargain powers and get it done at your own pace. A red punto no doubt evokes eye fixations (drushtis). So let it be and do it at a much lesser and reasonable price even if it gets late.
  4. Gopalakrishnan N N

Gopalakrishnan N N Timido

Chennai
    Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Many thanks for you suggestions Giridhar and Deepak! Will try bosh Service center and seek their quote and suggestions as well.
    on the part of fixing in a hurry, I am just worried that it might rust as the paint has been completely taken out in one small area and since this is already 2 months old I heard from the surveyor that they may not grant insurance benefits for this. So thinking of fixing this to prevent rust and also getting the insurance Benefits.

@ Giridhar, Could I quote your name/some one(if possible) for reference in Bosh if it's something that would help me get a reasonable quote and service for this?
  5. DineshKumar

DineshKumar Novizio

chennai
    chennai
    Punto Evo 1.2
    As a temporary solution, to avoid rusting kindly apply Vaseline or grease.
    Gopalakrishnan N N likes this.