1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Dilemma Blues

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by adityanandan13, Dec 27, 2013.

1. adityanandan13

adityanandan13 Timido

Hello All,

I am Aditya and I am a Fiatoholic!

That said, I am planning to buy a 90HP Punto and am in the final stages of the whole process.

I stay in Mumbai and getting the car from Torrid motors. I had a sit down on the Christmas day and got to a price of 7.8 lakhs. On the plus side, it was the price I was gunning for, all thanks to a helpful tip from a friend*. On the downside, the dealer ain't throwing me the Absolute pack. [Read heated Discussions]. Add to that, he is quoting an exorbitant amount on the insurance from FG. Whilst he is quoting an Ungodly 28,955 for a comprehensive cover, the same FG guys are willing to give that for 20547. And this got me researching and pestering good humans** on this forum for better options. My fingers are chafed and eyes tired. Anyhow here's a Summary -

[TABLE="width: 745"]

ICICI Lombard
    Bajaj Allianz
    Future Generalli
    Royal Sundaram
    Bharati AXA

[TD="align: right"]664738[/TD]
    [TD="align: right"]654944[/TD]
    [TD="align: right"]684194[/TD]
    [TD="align: right"]730000[/TD]
    [TD="align: right"]722000[/TD]
    [TD="align: right"]690132[/TD]

[TABLE="width: 745"]
    [TD="align: right"]18580[/TD]
    [TD="align: right"]19683[/TD]
    [TD="align: right"]20686[/TD]
    [TD="align: right"]20547[/TD]
    [TD="align: right"]16008[/TD]
    [TD="align: right"]23210[/TD]

Zero Dep

[TD="align: right"]20228[/TD]
    [TD="align: right"]25934[/TD]
    [TD="align: right"]23240[/TD]
    [TD="align: right"]21281[/TD]
    [TD="align: right"]26932[/TD]

Now I need your help with this. Do I go for insurance from an outside source or should I stick with the dealer?

And are there any other places where I trim the number (7.8) so that I can buy some pearls for my dear wife. You see, the white wasn't available and I am taking the next best color - Red. So, Yeah.

PS1 - * Harsh
    PS2 - **Amogh, Prabu, bkpabi, Satishgv, Surya, girishkn & Sam_likes_punto
    PS3 - So do we

2. limraj

limraj Superiore

Linea 1.3
    You can go with insurance of your choice. No issues at all.
    A zero dep would be better one
  3. rahulmaske

You can go with any the one of your choice, but I would advice to go with one who has mutual understanding with your service center. What I meant here hassle-free processing of claims. Otherwise it can be painful to get claims settled at your own if service center can't do that on your behalf.
  4. adityanandan13

adityanandan13 Timido