1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Digital Photo Frame - Options

Discussion in 'Gadgets / Electronics / Laptops' started by ramjn, Jul 30, 2013.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I am planning to have a digital photo frame at my home. Looking at the options, I could find many products with 7 inch screen or upto 10 inches maximum. But, I would like to have a screen with at least 17 or 20 inches. What should I do now? Buy a good Desktop LCD screen and convert that to a photo frame (DIY)? How do I do that? Or do I have any other better option?

Gadget gurus, advice please. :D
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2013
  2. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    You planning on hanging it on the wall?

Rajan
  3. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I guessed the first reply will be from you as soon as I added the text (DIY) in my post. :D

I haven't planned on this part yet. But, hanging it on the wall is preferred.
  4. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    1 person likes this.
  5. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Why limit to 17-20 in, you can go upto 32 in if you want to. Your LCD/LED TV can double up as a photoframe (provided you have placed it that way). Most of the LCD/LED TV's have SD card or USB slots using which you can run your photos as a ppt presentation. I recently did it for my son's b'day where I stored all the photos on SD card and kept playing them. Believe me people were surprised.
  6. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    ^^ I would love to have bigger screens but, the display quality is not that great in TV's than that of Desktop monitors. I have had a 26" LED full HD TV in US and it never showed me the true colors in the photographs as taken by me. Where as, the quality I see in Desktop monitors are just brilliant.
  7. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    wow what an idea i have a 21' inch LED (New) lying at my place will be interested in putting up as a photo frame

The DIY requires too many components and dissection is it possible to do it with out touching the circuits i mean a LED + TV Tuner + Memory Card ?
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2013