1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Different Profile Tires

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Ganges, Dec 12, 2012.

1. I trust michs with my life..but PLC are too soft for my liking.i would have gone with the yokos considering less price aswell as more tyre life...

One more suggestion buddy wait a month or two and get all the tyres 2gthr...

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
  2. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

But wont the tyres foul with the fender under load?
    I assume you have a pre 2012 Punto without GC upgrade kit.
    Even i am thinking of going for 195\65 as the next change in the Linea.
    Only skeptical about tyres fouling with wheel well.
  3. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    arnab,
    now my liking have shifted from michs to yoko, due to the cost factor,as as you said and as per reviews yoko avs db is silent tire i will prefere the Yoko AVS DB.
    i'm running without spare tire and tomorrow i have a travel for 300 Kms,hence only for two tires also in a single shot investment of 22K INR is hard for me.

- - - Merged Post - - -

yeah mine is mar-2011 model.
    195/65 we have one more tfi member shams who have changed to this profile.
    better of tyre fouling with wheel than a damage to oil sump.
    yesterday been to tire shop and in actual the size gives GC increase near about 8 to 9 mm.
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2012
  4. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    @Ganges, go for Yokohoma 205/55 R15 S-drives
  5. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Kiran,
    my priority is with GC hence opted for 195/65 ,yesterday i checked the same one you have on your ride the s-drives 205/55 R15.sporty looks :cool:
    when i was in tire shop, the dealer introduced to me an volkswagon vento owner who had recently changed to these tires,he was pretty much happy and also came up by saying the mileage have incresed by 1.5 Km ( :) ) i will expect this with yoko avs db,that was pretty awesome.these tires are costing 6000 INR.
  6. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Well, everyone has their own priority. Yours is increase in GC, which was never an issue in my case and my priority was grip. I was told that though Decibles are quite, they do not offer much grip, but will last atleast 45k. I was also considering Decibles earlier, but what turned me off was the grip and the thread pattern.
    1 person likes this.
  7. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Finally,

Yoko AVS DB 195/65/R15 : 5150 INR per tire : 2 tires are now in front.
    Will post pictures soon to know the GC and the ride handling, as tonite i'm gng to do highway drive.
    till now done 50kms of drive didnt found any difference in handling,ofcourse steering gone lighter.
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Two cents : Get them in the back. :)
    1 person likes this.
  9. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    gurjinder,
    i agree new tires should be on rear.
    Actually i'm having one new tire(which was spare earlier 195/60) on the rear the other tire is old.i believe this one new tire will do the job,ofcourse i will not be doing any high speeds.if it was rainy season yes the two new tires would have gone in the rear to avoid oversteer during panic.
  10. Linear

Linear Amatore

Thane
    You'll need a run-in period of around 500 km to get the proper feel from the tyres. Lighter steering is quite sensible on the new tyres - it should pick weight after the run-in.

Do post a review after the run-in. Test grip, noise, braking.

And yes, where are the pics?????