1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Different OEM HU's for punto

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by Cinju, Feb 4, 2011.

1. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Some people might be wondering why 'aux' functionality is not available in their punto (Sorry I am not sure if it is the same in Linea as well..). It is being told that when you press the 'CD' button twice, it will display 'AUX' in the screen and if you connect a proper aux cable on the rear of HU, you will be able to play from your mp3 players. But this functionality is not available in all the GP head unit's. Why because there are different HU brands coming for puntos. The Grand punto's used to come with Blaupunkt HU's and now you might be seeing BOSCH label in the HU user manual. As far as I understood, the BOSCH HU is F199 Grundig model . But if you take out the HU, it is nowhere written as Grundig, but you can see the model as F199 and DELPHI written below. In these HU's the AUX functionality is not available or maybe disabled. But it has got provision to connect the AUX cable on the rear. Just refer the below threads..

Ref:- http://www.fiatforum.com/i-c-e/115660-gp-grundig-hu.html
    http://www.fiatforum.com/i-c-e/237218-aux-cable-into-grande-punto-hu.html
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  3. Stallion

Stallion

Pune
    Sombody help!!!!!!!! no AUX input for my punto.... :cry:
  4. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    If your HU has Rear AUX pins ( Red & white teminals) you can connect a converter which is available in Market.
    Some HU has no USB then people connects USB Drive through a aftermarket cable.Exactly like that
  5. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Hi Bhai...What kind of converter are you exactly talking about ?All HU's coming in Punto has rear AUX pins, but for some HU's the AUX functionality itself is disabled (You wont get any option to enable aux) by the HU manufacturer. Please let me know in detail what kind of converter are you referring to. If you can give me an example. it would be really helpful.
  6. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Sorry I was not knowing that some AUX function is disabled in some HU. If it is disable,then we have to find
    the claver technician who can crack the HU. Like cracking of Sony Playstation -2 Video Game to run pirated game DVD.