1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Difference in engine performance of Swift vs Punto

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Aniket Dessai, Dec 17, 2015.

1. KVRFiat

KVRFiat Timido

Near Shoba Apartments, Kanakapura Road
    Bengaluru
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Hi one thing came to my mind when I saw @SwifttoPunto saying Dec 20th to see current offer of Rs. 150,000 benefits. I visited KHT Fiat cafe in Bangalore on Dec19th to see Abarth Punto. I asked for discounts SA said 150000+25000 only valid for Punto 1.4 Fire 2014 Models, do you think is it worth buying? I never think of buying 1.4 Fire, I am planning for 90HP or Abarth Punto. I still have my palio 1.9D 2005 model with some problems, I can manage for my daily 60 kms office commute. Any one had any experience on punto 1.4 Fire? how this can be compared to punto 1.3 90HP in terms of performance. I can see both are of same BHP with torque difference. waiting for your suggestions.
  2. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
  3. KVRFiat

KVRFiat Timido

Near Shoba Apartments, Kanakapura Road
    Bengaluru
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    @Turbothinghy .. Thanks for the link, that cleared many questions I had. I dropped going with 1.4 Fire, will look for Abarth punto or Punto 90HP in next 2 to 3 weeks.
  4. kinetic

kinetic Novizio

mh
    Retro / Classic FIAT
  5. nibedk

nibedk Regolare

Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @kinetic. I guess for Linea it still 5.4 m. But what all cars you are comaring with. City is 5.3, Ciaz is 5.4, Vento is 5.4, Rapide is 5.3 and Verna is 5.2. Not much difference mate. All are equally bad or good depending on how you look @ it. Let us know if you can think of any other car where the truning radius is 5 m or less. I have not considered the sub 4 m sedans here.

Take all the reviews with bucket loads of salt if its a Fiat. All reviewers are biased towards other brands mostly. And folks who have no experience what so ever of Fiats fuel the rumors fire like anything. All the info is available in net or download the brochures from the site of rescpective manufacturers. Other cars coupled with lighter steering wheels seem to have shorter turning radius though as you can see all are in the same range.
    Turbothinghy likes this.
  6. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Well said. Actually, the problem is that when it comes to Fiat cars, people start dissecting it from top to bottom, but when they go for a honda/hyundai etc, they take it for granted that everything is perfect. This is where I feel that these Fiat forums like ours backfires as people have too much to read and comprehend.
  7. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Turbothinghy :) At times Ignorance is a bliss.
    Why at all a fiat forums emerge? The answer should be the unique connection that this brand has brought to people. No brand is close to heart like this one.
  8. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @KPR : There are always two sides of a coin. I know why we Fiat enthusiasts come up with such forums and how much we love our Fiats. But this happens only after we buy them. But for a new comer who has never owned a Fiat gets to gather a lot of info(positive+negative) shared in our forums and this makes his buying decision even more complicated. Such info isn't available for other car manufacturers as they don't have a dedicated forum. It's not that problems don't occur in other cars but people tend to find more info on Fiats. I guess you would also agree that the kind of homework people do before buying a Fiat is way more than they do before buying a Maruti/Hyundai.
    gpunto75, hydrofuel and KPR like this.
  9. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Agreed. Buying fiat is a big process.
    gpunto75 likes this.
  10. Dhruv_Sappers

Dhruv_Sappers Amatore

Pune
    I agree to this only because people have created such a dense environment around FIAT overall and have compared it to other brand in the segment.
    I switched to Fiat from a Honda on 15 months. I was more driven by passion and engine. Almost 20 months on my Punto I am so rest assured and relaxed that I have nothing to worry about. I drove the i20's the swifts with all their glitter and no prejudice. They never got the better of Fiat. They have good cosmetics and some electronic glare to offer in the interiors but are they really needed. I hardly get to use all the features while I am driving. The clutch in Fiat is the best I have experienced. The steering makes you believe that car will respond to you and not sway away on highways with that feather touch the other claim to have. Driving on the highways is 80% of my total drive and most of the times fully loaded with around 300 KG of luggage and 2 co riders. The car responds equally well as during the unladen weight. I drive in difficult terrains and never felt like I was at the edge of my seat. With the swift and i20 I had my heart in my mouth on the same drive terrains. A Fiat car is a complete package. I have the Emotion 1.3 MJD 75HP. In a recent trip I was cruising at 120 KMPH and had to brake suddenly to avoid an obstruction and I did that with ease as the car responds exactly the way it drives on the highway. Load the swifts and the i20's with 4 co riders and 100kg Luggage and see how much the rear suspensions stoop down to. It us alarming. Compare it with the FIAT and you can see the difference. Drive a Fiat and any other car of your choice in the same pothole on the road and compare the suspension. I drove my car for a total of 600+Km in 20 hours using Expressway - Bombay Goa Highway - Expressway and withing Mumbai city and I was not fatigued at all. This was only because the car does not let you feel the pinch of long hour drives at all. I have driven for 400 KM at a stretch while on my Bangalore trip and I was just breezing through the journey.

All this might sound prejudiced but trust me buy a Fiat only if you really want a Fiat because only Fiat gives a complete package minus the glam and sham.