1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Difference in engine performance of Swift vs Punto

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Aniket Dessai, Dec 17, 2015.

1. Aniket Dessai

Aniket Dessai Amatore

Goa
    Fiat Enthusiast
    @SwifttoPunto that offer of 1.5 lakhs is for the clearence sale of 2014 manufactured Punto Evo cars.
    Service center is at a 10 km distance from my home.
    PradeepM likes this.
  2. Aniket Dessai

Aniket Dessai Amatore

Goa
    Fiat Enthusiast
    I didn't get a test drive for Punto sport. The sales guy said Punto is more peppier than Avvy to drive. Can someone give me a detailed difference in between the two cars.
  3. Aniket Dessai

Aniket Dessai Amatore

Goa
    Fiat Enthusiast
    I have driven the maruti 1.2 K series engine and WagonR 1.1 more than a multijet. Will the Multijet feel more powerful and easier to drive? Specially on an incline I don't want to concentrate extra hard to prevent stalling. Someone explain in detail the differrence in driving a petrol car compared to a multijet. I expect the diesel to be easier to drive. I normally go quickly into 3rd gear so will I have to keep the diesel in a lower gear compartively?( But diesel have more torque so I'm kind of confused)
  4. metal_heart

metal_heart Amatore

Noida
    Linea 1.3
    Yes & No. Once you get hold of, how to drive a multi-jet; it wont disappoint you, but if you are looking for something peppier in B2B traffic, and/or drag race on traffic light(s), then multi-jet isn't for you
    Keep the car in power band, any incline will be breeze
    Please search over internet, there are countless discussion on this
    Diesel, should be driven in power band, though neither petrol or diesel loves lugging, but due to higher torque of diesel, they aren't so luggable. If you drive, similar to way you drive petrol (quick change to higher gears), you may feel diesel as lethargic, due to inherent nature of lag
  5. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    A normal driving point of view: Drive a swift diesel. It sprints close to its petrol sibling.
  6. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @KPR: Even Swift DDIS has turbo lag. I guess Chevy-Sail UVA is the best bet for bumpoer to bumper traffic. Its jointly made by Chevy and Fiat and has a little higher output, I guess 77 BHP and 205 NM of Torque. It has the least/almost negligible turbo lag amongst all the MJDs.

At times, when I want to have some bumper to bumper fun with my 90 HP, I pull the 1st gear all the way to 3000-3500 RPM and then shift to 2nd, and dont upshift to 3rd, thereby residing in the turbo band (2000-3000 RPM) and then it does pull well.
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 21, 2015 ---
    More powerful=yes
    Easier to drive=no

But you dont have to worry, as you would get used to it. Its a turbo diesel so it doesnt have a wide power band to play with. You would have to get accustomed to keep it in the turbo band to extract the best out of it. It has a small learning curve, that even I faced when I bought my 90 HP and as you would start piling more miles, it will get effortless. I have driven almost 14k kms in close to 9 months and I still get to learn something new. MJD is a gem of an engine :)
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2015
  7. Sujit508

Sujit508 Amatore

Bangalore , Karnataka
    Bangalore
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    @Aniket,

IN short,

Fiats are made for twisty and Winding Roads - ergo GOA !!!
    And I just love the way the Multijet pulls in inclines/ghats - again perfect in GOA..
    Roads are narrow and windy in GOA (love it) - Again perfect choice is Fiat (hydralic steering).
    Iyu and Dr Nitin Dutta like this.
  8. Aniket Dessai

Aniket Dessai Amatore

Goa
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Biggest issue is after sales servicing and parts availability. I am not sure as there are hardly any one to ask for his experience with fiat in Goa.
  9. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Bro get in touch with our fellow TFIian @sidnaique . He also puts up in Goa and owns 90 HP Evo.
  10. Aniket Dessai

Aniket Dessai Amatore

Goa
    Fiat Enthusiast
    @sidnaique is offline. Last seen in June. @turbothingy do yo have his contact details ?