1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Difference in Earlier Mjd 1.3 and newer 1.3 Mjd ( BS III and BS IV ? )

Discussion in 'Technical' started by linuxmanju, Apr 3, 2013.

1. linuxmanju

linuxmanju

Bangalore
    Yes,, This is where the problem is, 2012 Punto 5th gear does not pull as well as the earlier one, If at all it does something it is after 80 Kmph till then its 4th gear all the way.

Could anyone who has a Linea newer models 2012 , confirm could they still do 180 with ease ?, Is Heart and Brain of Punto 90 HP and Linea same ?.
  2. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    I dont think / felt that the gear ratios were changed but definitely tuning of '09 and post '11 cars have been different
    i've till date driven at least 4 '11-'12 cars and they are all much better in tune compared to my '09
    1 person likes this.
  3. Avinash

Avinash Amatore

Puducherry
    United Kingdom
    Linea 1.3
    May be that's the case with Punto. Definitely not with Linea. I have driven the 2012 Linea MJD. The first & second gears are better, than 2009 models, but the performance is no where better than 2009 models.
    1 person likes this.
  4. linuxmanju

linuxmanju

Bangalore
    I agree, better in terms of refinement, But not so good in terms of out right performance, this is what I felt.
  5. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    To comply BS-IV norms changes in A/F ratio, change in cam tming etc.is required.
    Extensive Remap is required to comply new norms.

While doing this exercise change in performance is unavoidable.
    1 person likes this.
  6. vivekrj.dieselhead

vivekrj.dieselhead Regolare

delhi
    Posting the pic on request of @linuxmanju.

This is the latest one

Image0022.jpg

And this is my first 180 on the yamuna expressway.

Photo2382.jpg
    1 person likes this.
  7. linuxmanju

linuxmanju

Bangalore
    Awesome Vivek , thanks for sharing , That should answer my question :) . So it is true that Mjds do well as they age , Mine has done only 5 K Kms sofar and had trouble reaching 170, Drove a friend's car on the same stretch which has done around 22 K and it blazes past everything and 170 comes in before you realize.
  8. vivekrj.dieselhead

vivekrj.dieselhead Regolare

delhi
    It was all my pleasure buddy, well i don't know about the 75hp but 90hp do not have any problem in acceleration post 80kmph speed.
    1 person likes this.
  9. sk16

sk16 Amatore

New Delhi, India
    My Linea 1.3 MJD is just two months old and I went above 175 kmph three days back on my way to chandigarh from delhi. Just when I was about to touch 180, traffic emerged and I had to decelerate.
    2 people like this.