1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Diesel shortage in Chennai

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by prabusp, May 25, 2012.

1. vijays777

vijays777 Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    Both Petrol and diesel are not available now :( , think the topic to be changed :) . Yes theblack , they are aiming for 31st , but as they have announced no diesel,kerosene and gas hike instead they are going to raising price in taxes of vehicles up to 80k- source: TOI . if the shortage becomes normal only there will be petrol fight which we all know there will be no much change as we all know why :)
  2. I don't think so. Since last Wednesday, I've been in Coimbatore and there is nothing like this happening. This shortage is only in Chennai and surroundings. No impact what so ever in Coimbatore and its surroundings.
  3. vijays777

vijays777 Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    Think before they cut petrol pricer by 2rs they are trying to sell large amount than theexisting which they get higher purify
  4. pemmasg

pemmasg Regolare

Chennai
    Chennaites are really worried about the Diesel shortage situation in chennai. I am seeing very long queues in front of fuel pumping stations and the situation got worsened enough that police are pressed in to action to regularize the crowd.
    Do any of the chennai TFIans know the reason why this kind of situation is prevailing in chennai and any idea when can it get normalized?

Regards
    Gopi
    Last edited: May 29, 2012
  5. Flywheel

Flywheel Regolare

Pune
    Todays newspaper (Times of India) carrried an article according to which an oil tanker should be reaching our port on Wednesday with enough fuel supplies after which it should take around 30 hours for it to reach retailers, the best case scenario we should have things back to normal Thursday night or Friday morning.

Hoping for the best!

---------- Post added at 05:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 AM ----------

Update: Apparently the state government has stated that the fuel shortage will end today evening (CNNIBN), things seem to be looking up finally.

Last edited: May 29, 2012
    1 person likes this.