1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Diesel shortage in Chennai

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by prabusp, May 25, 2012.

1. Hi folks,

The current pricing in petrol set expectation with dealers on diesel hike. I don't know whether its due to the problem in Mangalore refinery or snag in Manali refinery or three factors coupled together has led to this situation. I struggled last 24 hours to tank up my vehicle running around central, mylapore, anna salai, alwarpet, guindy, t nagar, adayar, thiruvanmiyur,ecr, omr, finally tanked up in GST road opposite to airport.

I had to wait for 15 mins in closed bunk. then sneaked to the last bay of the bunk, he asked to park the vehicle so as no body knows i am filling diesel and negotiated for tank full, then 2000, then from his ration of 10 liters and ended up to 34 liters (1500) add to the plight from entry into bunk and filling all happened only with a recommendation. I felt common guys i am buying diesel , not narcotics :(

How are you guys managing ? The news in paper i read today is the situation expected to ease only in June end as senior executive of oil marketing company reports. Todays regional headlines on news channels is on diesel shortage.

I think we should keep posted on each other bunks position if you know , till the situation is set fine.

the bunk i filled ASM Abdul Cader, Huge BP dealer on GST road opposite to airport fence, near Radission. He told me every night 9 pm they will be on full stock and i can give you tank full. Guys passing on that road at that time can tank up.
  2. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Does this affect Shell too?
  3. I believe that this shoratge is created in anticipation of diesel price hike .

4. teky

teky Esperto

Having troubles in this part of city as well. Tried four bunks before getting fuel this morning at Sembakkam. The person at the bunks informed thay it's been three days since they got stock.
  5. theblack

theblack Esperto

i just got a tank full yday .. There is no hurry in diesel as of now in BLR at least.
    But i did hear guys hinting at a 5rs hike on Diesel and a 3-4rs cut in petrol very shortly.
  6. clash81

clash81 Regolare

same here, i just went ahead and got a tankful today after reading this. 5 Rs hike would throw the inflation through the roofs. we will have to see how this situation turns out to be.

As it is, i dont see any kind of rush in bangalore for diesel.
  7. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

I am trying to call Shell but they are not answering. Does anybody in Chennai know if diesel is readily available in Shell Porur?
  8. In velachery, even there is shortage for petrol!!! Most of the bunk in that area are closed. Luckily i filled my car tank last week. But it is half way now, have to find out some ways to fill it tomo. Early morning @ 5- 6 the diesel pumps are open to fill the lorry and other govt vehicles.
  9. Shell supply chain is not affected since its privately held, They don't have to hoard since they sell for 62 Rs per lit. But i see mad rush in shell also in GST Road and Pallikaranai, i presume Porur should be equally crowded.

---------- Post added at 12:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 PM ----------

Which bunk you are filling in Velachery ? Early morning do they allow public filling? I went a bunk in OMR. They were filling busses around 11.45 in night and they told no for me. The fuel was reserved by these IT company busses, i came back. Though i have 3/4 tank. I fill when i get chance, to avoid risks till price hike and situation is eased out to normal.
    Last edited: May 26, 2012
  10. @Prabusp: Near governor house (cornor of velachery rd and Anna salai, BP COCO), I will chk the availability tomorrow morning and let u know.