1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Diesel - Linea vs. new Verna "1.4"

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by sly.cooper, Aug 14, 2011.

1. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    No i did not mean it like that. Rather do not buy any car solely believing on what people say about ASS. in maruthi service centres wagon-r ,Alto and swift has good service but other car models like zen estillo,sx-4,ritz,grand vitara gypsy suffers. the problem is neither manufacturer nor dealers maintains slow moving spares.
    similarly in hyndai santro,i10,i20 have good service but elantra,verna,sonata owners suffers due to delay, high price etc.
    when it comes to fiat the 1.3 mjd is own manufactured by fiat which means high serviceability would never be an issue unlike hyundais who source the engine from other manufacturers. fiat is definitly a good option for long term use.
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Jayadev, I thought that Hyundai have their own engines, unlike Maruti that sources diesel engines from FIAT.

TO ALL THOSE TALKING ABOUT FEATURES LIST IN VERNA::

Look at the price at which those features are being offered. FIAT can add a start stop button, sensors and camera too but are you guys willing to pay for Emotion Plus variant?

LINEA has more features as compared to Verna. Speed sensitive wipers, Auto diagnostics, Blue and Me, Voice commands, SMS Reader, ECO DRIVE, Rear AC vents, ENGINE GUARD and many many more. Name one manufacturer that provides metal sheet at the back of rear seats.

TO SLY.COOPER,
    As far as Verna 1.4 is concerned, Linea is better anyday even with 1.3 engine. Its only the 1.6 Verna that is better than Linea in terms of performance.

Even then, Linea 1.3 has faster in gear acceleration as compared to Verna 1.6. Moreover, servicing a Linea costs Rs5000/year as compared to Vento (Rs14000/year for petrol variant alone) or Verna.
  3. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    I realized the importance of this thing when one day I had to fold the seats and load the car fully with luggage..
  4. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Afik hyundai uses detroit and VM motori. diesal engines for sure but i have even heard hyndai also has some share in it.But i dont know how much or if they gain licence through corporate hook or crook. read below

Hyundai's CRDi engine "redefines" diesel technology, says Hyundai Asia Resources, Inc. (HARI) In a statement, the company said the CRDi -- abbreviation for Common Rail Direct Injection -- engine was developed by Hyundai with US-based Detroit Diesel using the system developed by European carmaker Fiat in 1997.

kappa engine in i10 and i20 is from kia also known as kia kappa engine .But i am not sure about involvement of hyundai with it.

Motor gurus can correct the above info
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2011
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Hyundai have their own engines.

Chevrolet source their diesels from VM Motori of Italy.

And, VM Motori was recently taken over by FIAT. :)
  6. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Dekho bhaiya Verna lelo "VERNAAA"

AAM janta kahegi
    1. linea se achcha D-zire le lete
    2. "MAANJA" aur tata manja lele
    3. spare part nahin milenge (agar spare part he lene the toh gaadi kyun lee, s**le samajhdaar janta :p)
    4. Resale nahin hai (pehle gaadi toh lene do)
    5. Average bekaar hai (cycle lelein)

above conversation is not intended to hurt anyone on the forum pls or elswhere. Just a little bored today :p
  7. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    :lol
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2011
  8. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12

too good phew. Tune to nind uda di meri. I had heavy lunch today and was feeling so sleepy :)
  9. :lol:lol:lol

Thanks everyone. I have conveyed the responses and forwarded link of this thread to my friend. Unfortunately he has decided to postpone his car buying for some time.
    Now second friend of mine (having Accent too) is researching on Punto. He liked the car however reluctant to go for it (and 1L plus than swift & i20) and "Fiat". I have forwarded the forum link and shown his some of the links on the forum. As per him, he is not seeing number of punto's on the road??? I had arranged to a TD for him and might have him contact Kedar for actual experience. I have asked him to join the forum and ask the questions directly.

@Phew - I mentioned same thing to my friend who plan on buying Punto:cool:
  10. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Have the prices been revised so much so that the likes of hyundai and maruti are 1 lakh cheaper than PUNTO (i don think so), Tell him to wait maybe fiat also revises it pricing for the entire range