1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Diesel - Linea vs. new Verna "1.4"

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by sly.cooper, Aug 14, 2011.

1. Tarun

Tarun Amatore

Bhiwani, Delhi
    @ jayadev
    sorry to hear that man ... i hope this kind of situation won't rise again ..
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Why don't we get back to Linea Vs Verna 1.4. sly.cooper, any decision made?
  3. Avinash

Avinash Amatore

Puducherry
    United Kingdom
    Linea 1.3
    Except for the ride and handling, VERNA 1.6 crdi scores more than MJD. Not to mention the features in ANHV, it has never ending list of features than LINEA. Leave out the 6 airbags, no one's goin to crash so bad, note the disc brakes on all four wheels! The breaking response is too good! And, the 6 speed geabox, absolute pleasure! This 1.6 crdi is tuned well, when compared to the previous 1.5 crdi... :/

I won't ask for a 1.6MJD, cause keeping in mind with TATA and MSIL, i would prefer a 1.3 multijet-II, tuned to say, about 100bhp, with torque of about 250Nm, and get the semi-dualogic. And, get leather seats, and provide reverse parking sensors, for emotion+. If FIAT could bring in the 1.6 2nd generation MJD, without lending it to TATA or MSIL, then it's most welcomed! :)

Here.. when compared to 1.4 crdi, i would say go for LINEA mjd emotion+!!!
  4. Thanks ramjn ;-). I already own Linea MJD, E+. It is long weekend and I will be meeting my friend on Tuesday.

There you go... I am looking at specific comparison to 1.4 :).

@Jaydev - Shocked to hear the horror stories. So far I was under the impression that Hyundai service is better. In your opinion it is NO-NO for Verna right? Forget 1.4 or 1.6.
  5. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    the earlier 1.4 CRDI from hyundai is no where near to legendary 1.3 MJD from fiat. come on !! fiat diesel vs korean? no way. but now 1.6 diesel from hyundai has better specs than 1.3 as its of more capacity. when fiat will launch 1.6 diesel it will be better than hyundai.

but the game changer here is also the 6 speed box which adds cream over the 1.6crdi cake. but will all this power there is no responsible handling from the korean chassis and suspension set up.

and in case of fiat they must be ranked at the top on the fools list for not bringing in 1.6 for linea as the chassis can handle even 2.0 lts diesel without a fuss.
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2011
  6. Avinash

Avinash Amatore

Puducherry
    United Kingdom
    Linea 1.3
    @sly.cooper: 1.3MJD will really open up, once after doing 10k kms! And as time progresses, this 1.3 MJD will be a gem! If your friend is looking for a good car that gives very good mileage and a "decent" (not high-end) performance, then LINEA is the one to go for, when compared to VERNA 1.4.

I've attached a pic. Do show your friend!!! Got that mileage, for a 160km trip, two persons on board, and litlle luggage, with AC on, all the time set at 24, and speed varying between 90 and 120kph.:)

Photo-0120.jpg

If he wants, more performance, then 1.6 VERNA will do, and not 1.4!
  7. Avinash

Avinash Amatore

Puducherry
    United Kingdom
    Linea 1.3
    Very well said!!!
  8. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    The Verna 1.4 costs 9.25L!! Wow!

I believe the Vento TDi will come in that price range. Go for the VW.
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2011
  9. obliex

obliex Amatore

Pune
    I just came back from Amba in Western Ghats of Maharastra. We were four 6-feet+ people on board with 100% A/C and could comfortable do 120kmph. Speed was limited by my eldest bro shouting like mad on us only after he saw speedo. And no problem in going up and down the hills . This car pulls like a train .
  10. Multijet engine with VGT in Linea makes 93 PS power and 207Nm torque. And engine is pretty efficient. Guess 207Nm torque is good enough for a car weighing around 1200 kgs. Apart from these the multijet is a marvel. Dont understand why we forget this and compare with korean engines.
    i dont think in diesel technology any manufacturer would put this amount of effort in R&D like what fiat power train people do.
    http://www.fptmultijet2.com/eng/technology/technology.php