1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Diesel - Linea vs. new Verna "1.4"

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by sly.cooper, Aug 14, 2011.

1. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Please can you enlighten me as why is Verna better.

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk
  2. Thanks guys. It is a compromised decision so far by him i.e. looks of new Verna and price of 1.4 (9.25L). This comparison is strictly for Verna 1.4.

@Shams - most of the people will just go by feature. Same was the case with me till I hit this forum. I am already done sharing my experience as well as sending link for "Did you know" thread. It is difficult to convince. Ultimately it will be his choice :). The only reason is "1.4 Verna" which is very very basic.

@Tarun - I am not sure what do you mean by AC putting load? IMO AC put load on the engine in all cars (experts pls correct me if I am wrong). I have never driven my Linea without AC or keeping windows open. Same is the case with my old swift. Even for 1.4 Verna, that will be true.

@kailashnj - From what I have heard, Vento maintenance is costly.
  3. Tarun

Tarun Amatore

Bhiwani, Delhi
    @ sly cooper
    what i meant was that is it that in Linea when you turn ON your AC you'll feel that a great load has been put on engine ... but in Verna when you turn on your AC you won't feel any extra load on engine ..
    ??? ?? ? ?? ?? ???? ? ? ? ? ??
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Not at all. A "great" load used to be put on M800's engine. :)

There is only an imperceptible change in acceleration. I'm sure all cars in the 8-15 lakh brakcet have this much of a change. Except the cars with humongous torque outputs in the "elite" segments.
  5. Tarun

Tarun Amatore

Bhiwani, Delhi
    @ gurjinder
    bro you mean that both linea and verna would act same when you driving on highway @ 100kmph and you turn your AC on ...
  6. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    One reason i would like to go for verna:
    if I am on city Drag race.
    Else i would buy preused verna take out its engine put it in ambassador and modify some thing classic.
    rest of the reason why I wont:
    1.Crdi in hyundai have been problematic post 70k (many many have complained)
    2.Hyundai are expensive to maintain.
    3.It is not well built as some of the car in competition.
    4.Handling and ride quality is not fun inspiring nor worth a mention.
    5.ASS of hyundai is not as good as what is perceived everywhere.

recently a week back in my hometown one owner parked his car in front of Hyundai showroom , poured petrol all over the car and threatened the SS that if he is not assured for his car being properly serviced he will set it on fire.
    That was something like awakening for Hyundai owners over here.Now everybody has started to complain the nasty and expensive service of Hyundai which includes
    1.longest waiting period for advance booking even for regular checkup,
    2. service in guarantee period taking more than 2 months to get fixed,
    3.varying and exorbitant price of spare part

Now I am forced to believe that tata fiat is miles ahead and better than Hyundai at present.
  7. Tarun

Tarun Amatore

Bhiwani, Delhi
    ^^^ damm LOL ..
    setting hez car on fire, he should have threatened that he is in Anna Hazare's party .. and will start hunger strike .. :p
    LOLOLOL !
  8. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Tarun, I agree with gurjinder here. MJD's are known to perform excellently at the top end. When we are driving 100+ KMPH on a highway we would probably feel better in Linea than in Verna. Superior Engine power alone doesn't make up a complete car.
  9. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Hey Jayadev, you have put everything right about Hyundai. I completely agree with you.
    I owned a Hyundai and I know how the A.S.S was :(. Fiat A.S.S is far better than that of Hyundai's.
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2011
  10. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Such situations are not easy to dismiss off with humor.This can happen to anybody anytime.Fortunately present world competition is what is helping us altogether.

My friend who drives Taxi Chevrolet Tavera had some issue in Transmission which started showing up within a month of purchase.After begging in service centre saying this vehicle is his bread and butter , they did not budge even after 3 weeks. They gave lame excuses and strange reasons. Finally he informed and gathered all his friends including me.
    We went there made some serious issue and dramas . Did not let anybody work there, stopped the sales in showroom et al. police arrived asked for the reasons etc. then those cops and Managers had some discussions and assured us a solution.The spare parts arrived next day evening .He could drive his Tavera day after.