1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Diesel - Linea vs. new Verna "1.4"

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by sly.cooper, Aug 14, 2011.

1. Hello everyone,

I am opening up this thread on behalf of my friend. He currently owns Accent and want to for a diesel car due to recent petrol price hike. Needless to say, I have already asked him to go for Linea MJD :cool:. He had almost booked Classic Fiesta and then opt out at the last moment. He plan on buying new Verna "1.4". Yes I am talking about 1.4 Verna. I helped him with feature comparison however I would like "expert" advice from all of you :). I personally don't think people are buying Verna 1.4. It is too basic. The on road price is 9.25 L and delivery time is 2 months.
  2. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Between Verna 1.4 and Linea MJD I would choose Linea but if given a choice between Verna 1.6 and Linea I would pick Verna.
  3. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    If budget is not problem then absolutly go for 1.6 Verna. Otherwise Linea will be best choice.
  4. Avinash

Avinash Amatore

Puducherry
    United Kingdom
    Linea 1.3
    Though i drive 1.3 mjd linea... i would now say that 1.6 verna crdi, is a better car! :/
  5. better buy vento.. the updated one coming soon.
    european car anyday over korean stuff.

or fiesta. never a hyundai.

for vfm buy linea
  6. kailashnj

kailashnj Amatore

Mumbai
    Linea is something that you should buy or go for the Vento atleast you have an european build. Linea is a far better car than the verna and the H is a boat as far as handling is concerned. Linea all the way
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    If i had the budget for Verna 1.6 top model, i'd buy Linea MJD E+ and then put the rest of the money on getting a killer ICE setup and some nice wheels and tires.

Do the maths, it is possible. ;)

Just shows you how much VFM Linea really is.

Gurjinder.
  8. Tarun

Tarun Amatore

Bhiwani, Delhi
    my question here ..
    does AC gives Load on Line MJD 1.3 and not in verna 1.4 .. ( sumthing that effects your highspeed nd acceleration )
    as my frnd also has the same confusion and he wants it to be confirmed..
  9. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    most would agree that verna is the worst car in the ride and handling department in its category. its also labelled as boat on wheels on some forums..
    It depends how much importance your friend gives to this aspect. For me its of utmost importance. It might not be important for someone who would never take the car out to the highways
  10. Tarun

Tarun Amatore

Bhiwani, Delhi
    i agree to you point shams ...
    but i would be happy if anyone clears my doubt ..