1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Diesel leak

Discussion in 'Technical' started by Ahamed Beig, Dec 11, 2013.

1. Ahamed Beig

Ahamed Beig Novizio

Bangalore, India
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hello Everybody,

Recently I had given my Punto at a Fiat service center in Bangalore (KHT) for worn out clutch replacement. It has run nearly 53k. Now it seems issue is resolved regarding clutch.

Later, I started noticing diesel leak in the engine area. This is happening after the service. This problem was not there before the service. I immediately, took the vehicle to the service center and asked them to fix it.

Can anybody let me know what could be the reason for this? Is something gone wrong while fixing the clutch? Or is there any issue with the fuel pump (Life)?

Thank you,
    Ahamed Beig
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2013
  2. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Can you check the fuel pipe which return to the tank from after common rail pump? There is a clip that holds it in place, if that clip has given away you can expect diesel to leak. This should be an easy unless the pipe is damaged.

I have seen one brand new punto diesel leaking for the same reason during a PDI.
  3. Dear Ahmed ,
    I faced the same issue with my linea .. i gave it to service center for regular service. in my case leakage was due to loose fitting of fuel pipe in the filter.. during the service they changed my fuel filter but didnt connect the fuel pipe properly at the inlet of the filter..
    i dont think it is related with clutch or fuel pump..
  4. Ahamed Beig

Ahamed Beig Novizio

Bangalore, India
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I have left the car at the service center. They way in which the supervisor was asking was shocking.

He asked me like 'Is your car under warranty?' And told me that this car has high powerful Bosh fuel pump. Later in the job description he wrote as 'fuel leak.. HP pump'. He told me that people from Bosh will come and inspect it. I am just doubting, even if there is a minor issue, probably he will exaggerate it as the issue with the fuel pump which is a matter of worry.

My car is just 4 years old. I am assuming, if the problem is with the pump, then why it has to fail so quickly in Fiat.
  5. dnyanesh666

dnyanesh666

Mumbai
    The fuel pump of my Linea stopped functioning at 60K immediately after the service. In fact on my way back home from the service center leaving me stranded on the road. No doubt the flat bed arrived in 15mins flat and the fuel pump was also replaced under extended warranty. The car was just above 3yrs old then.
  6. Ahamed Beig

Ahamed Beig Novizio

Bangalore, India
    Grande Punto 1.3
    My car is 4 year and just 1 month old. The product has given so much trouble already..,
    (Let's see if extended warranty will be considered)
  7. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    Its probably loose fitment somewhere(fuel filter i suspect) although Fass will do give a fair idea about the real cause & about Bosch people visting for survey could be only in the case if your fuel pump is detected with some flaw. Otherwise Fass will themself take care of it.
    Do let us know further improvements.
    Cheers!
  8. roshanalva

roshanalva Timido

Bangalore
    Hi,
    I`m experiencing the same issue.
    My extended warranty that is valid for 50 months expired 15 days back.
    The service center has advised me to change the common rail and they have quoted around Rs 20000 for same.
    They are checking the injectors as well. However injectors were checked a month back and were working fine and there is no un natural smoke coming out of the silencer.
    As of now, there is no other visible issues apart from the fuel leakage.
    I``m the second owner of the car and the first owner seems to have got the servicing done by some local mechanic.
    Any advice?

Regards,
    Roshan
  9. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    If you have to change the rail get the rail from maruti genuine parts distributor 8.5 k for rail and another 2k for pipes ask for sx4 diesel or ertiga diesel rail.
    Rail costs around 16k in fiat dealership
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2014