1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Diesel Kick-Punto 1.3MJD Emotion - Second service completed

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by NitinGirish, Jul 29, 2011.

1. NitinGirish

NitinGirish Amatore

Bengaluru
    As suggested by the members, it turned out to be an O-ring issue. My dad called up Aadya Motors, earlier this week and obtained an appointment for 9:00 AM today. Requested for pick-up from home. Nobody turned up till 11AM. Finally, dad drove down. Handed over the car around 11:45AM and came back home. Car was fixed and delivered at 6:45PM.

Read the thread about known issues in Punto. Clutch Slave Cylinder is serious one. I raised this to Customer 'Relationship' Manager at Aadya. Her response was she will get it checked. How do I know that my clutch won't die on me? It is June batch 1.3MJD:confused:

And while Prerana can proactively fix issues, why aren't others doing it? Have mailed to FIAT with these questions. Let me see if they respond.
  2. Last edited: Sep 15, 2011
  3. redbull

redbull

Bangalore
    I can confirm that. Very faint extended beep. The tyre fill beep is very loud in comparison. Most people wouldn't notice it. I would very much like to know what it is.
  4. NitinGirish

NitinGirish Amatore

Bengaluru
    I couldn't make much from the pictures. Probably because I am feeling a little giddy right now. Pardon my ignorance, what does CSC expand to? I presume metal one is better? My car is June batch think. FMZ is the VIN, so must be June.

Ah! atlast somebody. I am not hearing noises in my head:) Yes, tyre fill beep is loud. Thats why I said this sound is a very faint version. But the tone is very similiar, beeeep-bip-bip-bip:lol:
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2011
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    That is pretty low. What speeds do you generally drive at. And if i may ask, is your driving style more oriented towards spirited driving?
  6. NitinGirish

NitinGirish Amatore

Bengaluru
    Yup, thats pretty low for a diesel. I change gears between 2200-2500rpm. Usually cruise at 100kmph in 5th gear ocassinally touching 120 (3krpm).

In the city my dad uses it and yes he has a heavy right foot.

A/c on 100% of the time.
  7. NitinGirish

NitinGirish Amatore

Bengaluru
    5000 kms complete

Finally 5k s up! Two months after buying it. Gave it for 1st service at Aadya Motors on Monday and received it on Tuesday afternoon. Service experience was excellent this time:)

Called them up on 5th and booked a slot on 7th. The driver came home as promised before 9AM. There were four things we wanted to be fixed:-

1.Car pulling to the left
    2.Rear Bumper light (RH) Replacement.
    3.Tar stains on the left side of the car.
    4. Steering faint squeaking noise.

All the points were duly noted in the job card and attended to in the service. The steering feels so much lighter!!!

My DIY of using diesel to remove tar stains didn't work earlier. But it was taken care of in this service.

Total Damage-Rs.1200

Rs.648 for bumper light+Rs.250 labour for fixing it. Rs.125 for nitrogen filling (waste of money) rest taxes.

For the first time we had good experience with Aadya and I hope it continues because our home is just 10-15mins driveaway.

P.S: I still haven't figured out to use the mileage indicator feature:uh
  8. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Keep pressing the Trip button until you see AcA xx km/l on the MID. That is Average Consumption for Trip A. You also have IcA, which is Instant Consumption.
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2011
  9. NitinGirish

NitinGirish Amatore

Bengaluru
    Thank You fiatlover. I did not know there was a button on the side of that stalk:)
  10. NitinGirish

NitinGirish Amatore

Bengaluru
    Just thought I would jot down my experience with the car now that one year has completed. It is performing as expected and continues to bring a smile on my face for its excellent ride quality. I've taken it on highway rides pretty much every alternate month and absolutely enjoyed the drive. Most memorable would be the corner attacking in Thirthalli/Shimoga/Sringeri surrondings and the insane descent from Tirupati ghats after waiting for 6 hours for darshan on empty stomach. If there was ever an idea of holding a Isle of Man TT type of race in India, Tirupati ghats has to be it!!! That evening I was demonstrating to myself the meaning of HANDLING. The steering, suspension and overall design makes it such a killer package. FIAT screwed up on the driver seat though.

No major issues were encountered. Only issue was with A/c which I had talked about when I was last here on the thread. After that, A/c failed once more during Feb while returning back from Tirupati and this time they replaced some A/c Relay Switch (?) and it's been fine since then.

Much is made of A.S.S. Here are my thoughts on the subject. From the date of delivery till date I've visited A.S.S (Aadya) for following issues/occassions:-

• 1st Free Service
    • A/c CSC upgrade
    • A/c failure again
    • Bodywork-Tinkering and painting of LHS doors and running board
    • Replacement of co-passenger window glass
    • Second free service

On first two occassions the experience was horrible. My father visited them on both occassions and there was no clear communication from their side as to time required for doing these jobs. Even writing a job card took forever! Third visit was neutral. From fourth visit on though, it became much better. I was a nervous wreck when my father handed over the car to Aadya for bodywork. I even prepared a PDI list for him to take delivery as on the date of delivery I was scheduled to travel to Kodai (which I did). But the outcome was excellent. Paint matching is spot on and a layman like me atleast cannot make out that it has been painted. Absolutely good work by the A.S.S here. They delivered it in three days and coordinated with insurance. But the staff in Bodyshop need to work on their communication skills though. Things like giving an estimate, break-up, what exactly is covered in insurance, etc needs to be communicated with much more clarity. Replacement of window glass was done in two hours. Glass was in stock! Absolutely no issues here either.

Got the second service done today. Took an appointment one month back:D and got it confirmed again the day before. Went in at 9:15 AM 15 mins before the scheduled time. SA was busy with some paper work. 9:30 AM sharp he got down to business of preparing 'inventory' job card, etc. by 9:40 he was done and by 10:55AM the servicing was over :) Water washing, SA said would take time and he had informed me of this over phone also the day before. Fair enuf. I came back home and got a call at 3PM that the car is ready. Everything went as expected, communication was clear, was puntcual and the costs were as expected. They didn't try to sell under-body coating, lipstick, powder, etc. Purely did what manual tells.

I am just hoping that this remains the same as the this A.S.S is close to home and everybody else is extremely far-off. And it is only theortical that you visit Service Centre once a year. There will be small issues, niggles for which you have to visit and its a nightmare cutting across Bengaluru traffic to visit other A.S.S.
    By God's grace no rattles so far but sometimes a mild squeak can be heard from dashboard area.

On Engine performance and refinement:-

Contrary to what members have told me, I haven't experienced any smoothness or quietness of the engine over the past year. Like I said before, its sound has a raw feel to it in a very likeale sort of way. Of late though, the engine has been revving more freely. Before I used to operate in 2-2.5k rpm range. On those rare occassions on highway when I revved past 2.5k rpm, car didn't seem to like it. I managed only 120kmph topspeed. But while returning back from Hassan few weeks back I started pushing it in the four-laned highway between Bellur Cross and Nelamangala. Was crusing at 140kmph. On NICE road took it up t0 150. Ever since, car is in revv happy mode:) But its not very pleasant inside the cabin past 120kmph or 3k rpm. I don't imagine myself doing these speeds for anything more than 2-3hrs as the NVH will cause fatigue.

After few highway trips and one year what I like:-

• Excellent ride quality.
    • Very good low end torque.
    • Confidence inspiring handling.
    • Well weighted steering.

What I don't like:-

• Clutch, I can live the long travel but not with its return action. Does it want to break my left leg or something:lol
    • Driver's seat. I don't quite know whats wrong with it but it doesn't support my back well. I think its too big for me:D I like chairs/seats to wrap around me and not have too much space to move around in it.
    • No place to store water bottles.

Overall I would say this is a perfect car for the highways. I don't really enjoy driving in the city and in B2B traffic the combination good low-end torque and bullet kicker like clutch demands too much from your left leg muscles. Its both driver's car and a passenger's and if FIAT constantly focuses on A.S.S and doesn't goof up on transition to exclusive dealerships and service centres, its money well spent in the long term I would say.