1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Diesel Kick-Punto 1.3MJD Emotion - Second service completed

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by NitinGirish, Jul 29, 2011.

1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Awesome.

The last pic is super. The design of the Punto is timeless. The new gen Punto Evo is no match to this classical design.
  2. NitinGirish

NitinGirish Amatore

Bengaluru
    I wanted to give captions and stuff while uploading. Couldn't figure out how to do it. I agree Gurjinder, the design is absolutely stunning. Infact, this is one of the main reason why my father agreed finally (after nearly an year of persuasion) to buy this car. This design suits everybody, old and young alike, as opposed to say a BEAT which looks decidedly young and a middle aged man may not be comfortable being seen driving one around.

However, the colour is a big disappointment:-( Its like Sharon Stone in Lalita Pawar's clothes (that lady who used to play Amitabh Bachan's role in 70s movies) in plain white saree. Red is the colour for this seductress and if you feel the compulsive need to appear sober, then turqoiuse blue is alrite. Rest of the colours I didn't like:-(
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2011
  3. NitinGirish

NitinGirish Amatore

Bengaluru
    The dirt on LHS of the car seems very stubborn. It did not yield to a wet wipe. Tried wiping by adding Sonax car shampoo to water and then wiping it usuing a soft cloth. Still no use. This is only on the LHS of the car. Now I am worried that this maybe a permanent feature:mad:

Attaching a pic, but not sure it can be spotted.

SDC10408.jpg
  4. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    It would ease out after a couple of washes.
    Don't apply too much force or you would damage the clear coat.

If it still doesn't go away diesel wash the car, apply diesel on affected area, leave for 5 mins, wash with running water without using any cloth etc and finally wash using shampoo afterwards.
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2011
  5. NitinGirish

NitinGirish Amatore

Bengaluru
    Wouldn't diesel affect paint? I just tried gently scracthing a very small area with my finger nails. It does go. But obviously need a less damaging solution to this. Its a four day old car :-(
  6. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    That looks like tar and can be removed with a diesel wash. It won't affect your paint.

The engine will become smooth as you cross 5000, and then more smooth when you reach 10000 and even more smooth as you go past 20000. Beyond 30000, a well maintained multijet will be as smooth as a petrol for the casual observer.

It is a matter of getting used to. I find it extremely difficult to drive my Uncle's Spark even for a short distance.

There is enough and more information about alloys in this forum. With proper and informed selection, there is nothing to be worried about.

You are absolutely spot on. :D
  7. NitinGirish

NitinGirish Amatore

Bengaluru
    ^ You are spot on w.r.t to tar! Now I know where I picked up that nasty dirt. Relieves me to know diesel won't affect the paint. Will get it washed next week. I was thinking of 3M exterior beautification just to get rid of that tar. Your post saved me some money:D

Actually, I don't have a problem with it being loud. If it gets quieter and smoother then even better. As long as it doesn't pass on any vibrations through steering wheel and pedals while accelerating it is fine. And Punto does not pass on any vibrations. So thats fine.

Went to Airport (50kms round trip) this morning. Discovered another positive attribute-The Steering. It does exactly what is asked of, no under-steer or over-steer. I am discovering positive attributes of the car in a way I should not:D

No luck with the seating position though. I stopped twice on my way to adjust the seat. Somehow I end up hurting my lower back. I guess I need those beads to put on the seat.
  8. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Yes but don't make it a weekly or monthly routine :D

Thanks, glad to hear that.

The steering is perhaps the best feature in Punto/Linea and a benchmark for all vehicles under INR20Lakhs

Thanks to the almost silent marketing by Fiat India, everyone is doing that
  9. NitinGirish

NitinGirish Amatore

Bengaluru
    Came back today after 929kms round trip. Visited Shimoga-Mandagadde-Sringeri & Agumbe.

Learnt one more lesson-> Punto belongs to the highway!!! I know I am not the first person to say this, but to realize this by experience by approaching corners at 100-kmph and be in absolute control is something else! In acceleration and in handling this car is supreme. If you buy an emotion pack variant, I am sure you would be travelling in one of the safest hatchbacks (if not car) in India. Apart from the sedans, there was nothing that could keep me behind. All those irritating buses and lorries were effortlessly over-taken. Which is why, I call this a safe car. Less distance and time is required to overtake these dodos. No drama. Its over before even the guy in front realizes.

Doesn't let you know that you are driving on a lot of pot-holes. Absolutely brilliant ride quality. Super:cool:

Not sure I was gentle with a brand new car. Kept the revs around 2-2.5k. Occassionally hit 3k on the Bangalore-Tumkur toll toad. I hope this rev range is fine. It is impossible to drive this car on a highway below 2krpm/80kmph.

One thing I observed though, every time I brake, I hear a faint beep sound. Not sure what it is. Apart from that All Izz Well:D

Some snaps:-

On the bridge.jpg

Sailing or flying.jpg

Shettihalli forest area.jpg

Agumbe.jpg

Koppa-Sringeri.jpg
  10. beautiful pictures taken :)