1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Diesel Kick-Punto 1.3MJD Emotion - Second service completed

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by NitinGirish, Jul 29, 2011.

1. NitinGirish

NitinGirish Amatore

Bengaluru
    Finally, we took the delivery of our 1.3 MJD Emotion in Bossa Nova White on 27/7.

First impressions:-

1. Car is build quality is very good. The doors are quite heavy!
    2. Fantastic torque! If 1st gear is insane, 5th is unbelievable. It can pull cleanly from 60kmph on a steep uphill in 5th gear without lugging the engine.
    3. Good ride quality. You are not tossed around while going over undulations and pot-holes.
    4. Fantastic brakes and road grip. A school girl walked away alive today ONLY because of Punto brakes.
    5. No drop in performance with A/c on, but A/c set at 1, cooling is so-so. I reckon in summers it will have to be set at 2.
    6. Beautiful instrument console and I love the tacho (and the manual's term for it rev counter even better:D)
    7.Diesel engines are loud:p However, I wouldn't say it is unrefined. Its raw in a very likeable way.
    8. Not a great fan of drivers seat and the ergonomics. My lower back hurts. I find my Spark's driver seat far more comfortable.
    9. Gear shifts are bloody hard! Especially if you want to come down from 5th to 4th. Except 3rd to 4th all other gearshifts takes some effort.
    10. The long travel clutch is not to my liking. And when you take your foot of it, it comes back with a vengence. Almost like the kickstarter of Bullet:D

These impressions are from driving the car for about 190kms in last three days. It might change as I get accustomed to it.

As of now, except for 3M RE50 Sunfilm, no other accessories are added. I got that installed from Padminini Rao Products for Rs.4200 at my door step. Mr. Rao was very helpful and his boys did a good job of the installation. Five stars:)

Successfully talked my dad out of installing rear sensors and camera.

I've read about 98 PCD alloys on this forum. However, it doesn't seem to be plug and play. Need to gather more information around it. If I am convinced then alloy wheels are next in list.

All said and done, if you have 7L rupees (6L in our case) and want to buy a hatchback that is comfortable and performs well then you cannot go wrong with the Punto.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2012
  2. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Congrats for Multijet purchase !

For your impressions following are some tips .

7. Engine will start to become smooth after 3000 KM

For 9 & 10 :- Excessive return tension of clutch paddle like kick of bullet is due to hard Pressure plate. I was also facing this problem. Problem solved after replacing clutch Assly.
    Check the hardness of clutch by using Clutch Fork Meter which is available at TATA ASS.
  3. NitinGirish

NitinGirish Amatore

Bengaluru
    Thanks bhai for your tip on clutch. Was that replacement done FOC?
  4. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    try a different position adjusting the seat.

no surprise they do recoil but are softer than most of the other diesel clutches in segment
  5. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    make sure your lower back touches the seat.
  6. NitinGirish

NitinGirish Amatore

Bengaluru
    Yup.I agree, I think its the matter of getting the right seat adjustment. Need to experiment a bit.
  7. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2011
  8. NitinGirish

NitinGirish Amatore

Bengaluru
    Hmm. I am not sure it is because of a faulty component. I think its made that way. In any case I wouldn't ask for a replacement. Its not such a big deal.
  9. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    @Bhai,
    Pls allow nitingirish to settle down first. Let him rake some kms before coming to conclusions or sending him to the TASC. It takes a while to get used to. So it will be ideal to restrain before you unleash the technical side of yours to a newcomer.
    You are showing all bad examples. It may occur to one and may never occur to all. So please welcome a newbie and assure peace of mind.

Abdul
  10. NitinGirish

NitinGirish Amatore

Bengaluru
    Now for some customary pics:-

FIAT Grande Punto 1.3 MJD E.jpg

Front View.jpg

Side Profile-Rear View.jpg

Side Profile-LHS.jpg

Eyes.jpg

Calm stare.jpg

Wink.jpg