1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Diesel hatchback for a first timer? Edit: Booked 1.3MJD Emotion Pack

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by mayurbhatia, May 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

>>If anyone could tell me, whether Punto would suite me as that of my bike's performance, I would be more than happy.

Punto with the TJet will be the one :) not sure if FIAT would release one like this
  2. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    if not punto then there is no other car in india to meet your needs.

so i suggest extend your budget and go for linea t-jet and see what we are ranting all about.
  3. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Punto 90HP will match your taste, If you can extend your budget than no other car than Tjet+
  4. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    tony , even though punto 90hp is an excellent car but perfomance wise below 70kmph it is nowhere when compared to taste of rx100 .

the car will make him feel like slouch and leave much to be desired.

adrenaline rush, weekend fun ,drag race et al are not her cup of tea.

nevertheless on the go, no hatchback can beat punto 90hp presently in india.

need less to mention if buyer prefer a solid car with good FE and extremely matured road manners/ride quality then do not look elsewhere Punto90hp is the one.
  5. Aanand

Aanand Amatore

I was a new driver (my first car) and in Pune and got the Punto 1.3MJD E+ 75bhp.
    Am enjoying it thoroughly.
    Last edited: May 15, 2011
  6. mayurbhatia

Thanks a lot everyone for making my decision easier and motivating me to buy the best hatchback around :) So 1.3 MJD E+ it is - just gotta decide the colour, more inclined to Exotica Red and Tuscan wine...

Now, I have checked Pandit auto (the only dealer in Pune) and the only discount as of now that they offer is Insurance + Ext Warranty at Rs. 5500 instead of 20K. They would offer around 7-8K corporate discount. But thats about it - no more discounts. They are not even sure if they can offer free accessories. But I would try and convince them on a few. So guys, please help me out with the most important ones that I can get from them for free. Also, anything else that I should be asking them?

Thanks again :)
  7. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Congrats mayur.
    i am also in the same shoe as u are now, i ve also booked a 1.3mjd punto as my first car and am sure it wont disappoint me at any point of time. i went ahead with the diesel over petrol even though my running will be low for that just coz i can put a really big smile on my face every time i enter a fuel station :D , paying 40 for diesel feels a lot better than 66 for petrol which will soon hit 80 mark, double of what we pay for petrol. by then, it ll be cheaper to take the car out than my bike ! LOL . looks like offers are kinda same throughout india , i also got ins+RSA+ext W for 5500 and a corp discount of just 3k and basic stuffs like mat, mudflap, perfume, teflon !! :( .
    I suggest you go for the tuscan than red, looks much more classier than red which is sporty !
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Awesome choice buddy.

Tuscan Wine Punto looks smashing to me.
    Bear in mind that it'll need extra Tender Loving Care than other shades. So, make the choice keeping this aspect in mind.

All the best.

9. Petrol is ~Rs. 70 per liter in Pune :eek: and that is reason I decided to go for Diesel ca (in process - Linea MJD)r. I will be driving ~1000-1200 Km per month (+ Petrol swift). I heard that Indian oil already bumped up Petrol price by Rs. 1.35 (second hike). Oil companies want to hike Petrol price by Rs. 10.
  10. mayurbhatia

Update -

Date - 6th June
    Time - 5:30 PM IST
    Place - Pandit Auto, Tilak Road, Pune

Finally, after all the discussion within the family, we went to the showroom to book my beauty. While the variant (diesel) and model (Emotion Pk) were final, selecting the color was still a big debate - where the ladies preferred Tuscan wine, the gents wanted Exotica Red!

As soon as we stepped in the showroom, we saw a Tuscan Wine Punto in one corner looking at us and making us drool. Thats it, there were no more discussions and arguments, Tuscan wine it was - never knew it would be so easy in the end :)

We sat down with the sales person and started discussing the deal then. Tuscan Wine Em Pk Diesel On road price quoted to us was 7.31 L. Next question - Discounts? Straight away we were offered Insurance (18.5k) + Ext Warranty (5K) at 5.5K so that was a discount of around 18K. Corporate discount 9K (thanks to Mom working in SBI). Total discount 27K and our on road price was now at 7.04 for tuscan wine and 7.0 for non-premium colours.

Another heated argument with the sales person, her immediate boss and one more guy about offering us more discount since we were planning to pay in cash - we kept pressing for 7.01 L as final from our side + the accessories. After an hour of discussion, we were told that no accessories or cash discount would be offered. We insisted on speaking to the GM but he wasnt around. We were promised that the sales person would have a discussion with the GM first thing today morning and would give us a call.

10:30 am today morning and I got a call from the sales person that accessories (Mud flaps, Mats - no sun film) has been approved but the GM is not in a position to give any more cash discount. I still insisted on atleast the sun film but the sales person said its not possible and I can confirm this from anywhere. Checked with one of the Mumbai showrooms and was happy that the deal given by Pandit was indeed the best.

I test drove the car again with my family sitting on the rear seat and we all thoroughly enjoyed it. They were more than happy with my choice - sigh of relief :)

So finally gave the booking amount of 51K and booked my beauty. On Road - 7.04 L, Discounts (27K + Accessories). Car would be ready by 26 when I need to make the final payment and I can do the PDI on 28th. I wanted the car to be delivered on 3rd July only (its an auspicious day as per my parents + its just next to my anniversary on 2nd july), so I was fine with the plan.

So thats about it, now each second/minute/hour looks like an year and I cant just wait to get my hands on the car :)

P.S. - Mods, please update the title and add - Booked 1.3 MJD Emotion Pk
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.