1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Diesel Hatchback dilemma

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by harry_1407, Jul 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    7.55 is a steal. Awesome deal.
  2. harry_1407

harry_1407 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    PDI'ed the car

went today afternoon to PDI my car at VST stockyard chennai. Took a print out of TeamFiat PDI check list needless to say it was very helpful.
    Coming to the PDI - I was satisfied with the way the PDI went except for few issues like
    1. Slight alignment issue seen in the Bonnet
    2. front passenger side door hinges screw and rear right hand side door hinges screw showed some sign of minor rust
    3. A small area beneath the Front driver side door hinge showed 2 dot sized paint peel off with light red color displayed. I initially thought it would also be a rust but upon further examination i was told by the SA that it is a layer beneath the paint which will be red in color and not that of a rust. I once again did a thorough check upto my satisfaction and ascertained that it is a very minor paint issue.
    4. Glove box not closing properly.

All the above said issues are highlighted to the SA. The guy ensured that these issues will be taken care off.

DSC00025.jpg
  3. harry_1407

harry_1407 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    More Photos attached

DSC00029.jpg

DSC00030.jpg

DSC00036.jpg
  4. harry_1407

harry_1407 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I noticed one more thing common in all the cars at the stock yard. The front wheel disc is rusted. Is it common even in the brand new cars?
  5. Hey harry, I saw this car parked at the same place when I went for the PDI. The color of your Car made me rethink my car color's decision. Since it was at the PDI stage I didnt do much of thinking. Congrats. Silver Handle is perfect for this color. Happy Puntoing.
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2011
  6. harry_1407

harry_1407 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Find below the picture for point 3. I have highlighted using a red color boundary. Please share more of your views.

Punto 1.jpg
  7. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    very much common and nothing to worry.

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk
  8. harry_1407

harry_1407 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I was told the car arrived at their stockyard only yesterday evening.
  9. Oh May be I am referring to a different car. Only since the place was the same I thought the Car would also be the same. What is the Make month of your car. The car I saw was a July make but I don't remember the VIN.
  10. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Harry1407, the front disc brake rust you are talking about is not rust at all.

Cast iron parts tend to gather a layer of oxidation over them very fast. What you see is an oxidation layer.

Try this. Spray water on the front tyres of any Punto/Linea and wait for 10 minutes. You will see the whole disc turning orange before it completely dries. Now drive this car for few Kms and the discs are back to normal color as this layer gets wiped off with braking. Hope you got it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.