1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Diesel Hatchback dilemma

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by harry_1407, Jul 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. harry_1407

harry_1407 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Guys, There is a increase in car loan interest rate from today and there is also an increase in excise duty i am very much confused whether to buy the car now or couple of months later down the lane. My dad is suggesting the later part (wait for couple of months and then buy). So what do you guys feel. Will there be huge discounts during diwali season which is worth a wait or will there be a rollback from the RBI side with respect with the Rate hike?

Ok any chennai TFIans who could provide me with some convincing details about the best among the 3 dealers when comes to service, parts availability and customer satisfaction.

Guru's read form ICE section that the emotion HU is not very good even for a normal music hearers. The HU was initially Blaupunkt which was later changed to Bosch and then later 2010 models came with the Delphi HU. The Aux-in is disabled in the firmware of the HU given by Delphi where as it was enabled in the Bosch ones. I would to know is there a way to enable Aux in for Delphi HU's (Like a firmware code crack)?
    I also felt that the stock speaker is not very nice. Is there any upgrade for the same if so can some ICE guru's list some possibility (keeping a max budget of 15K).
    The stock ICE is figo was very nice

Team thank you everyone for your suggestions.
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    The interest rate is not going to come down, for at-least few months. But in Diwali, there will be offers.
    Current month also, Fiat, as well as others, giving some very good discounts. Find out from dealer.
  3. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Harry, the interest rate hike will stay as it appears. Usually there are good offers from all manufacturers during Diwali.

Regarding the ICE part, yes, stock speakers are not good but you can get excellent speakers for about 7-8k and if you can also get door damping for another 2-3k, nothing like it.
    BUT be prepared to live with AUX-in and USB for Emotion variant. You will have to use CDs, MP3 or use FM modulator for using pen drive in emotion variant.
  4. Hi Harry, Chennai has 3 dealers
    1. VST
    2. TAFE
    3. Concorde

I would personally rate VST better than the other two.

The order of ranking is VST > Concorde >TAFE

Tafe has least experience in handling FIAT cars so rated them below Concorde.
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I agree with bnzjon. I made my purchase with TAFE and I had a pathetic experience with them. I would not recommend TAFE for the purchase although I am happy with their service.
  6. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    BTW USB port can be added to the emotion variant. This was told by a authorized Blaupunkt dealer..
  7. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    But the head unit is now from Delphi. Besides the option of adding USB is by using that Bluetooth and USB adapter from Blaupunkt. The dealer here in Chandigarh has tried all permutations and combinations but it did not work.
  8. Am I lucky? I am avoiding Tafe and opted for VST Anna Nagar.
  9. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Yes srida. You made the right decision of not opting for TAFE.
  10. harry_1407

harry_1407 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Booked 90HP punto

Finally booked Medium Grey 90HP punto from VST Motors, Chennai on 29th Aug, 2011. After good amount discounts the on road price came to Rs. 7,55,000
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.