1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

diesel hatch i20 or punto 90hp or 76 hp

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by sharadverma, May 5, 2011.

1. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3

go through this video( @ 5.50 sec).. how i-20 struggles on muddy patch....must see how punto glides over the same patch effortlessly...
    Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2011
  2. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Yeah have seen it long back, Are there any new video after that, But i have noticed one thing, they are not telling more about the Punto despite it is passing all the tests in flying colors..... All these are bribed.....
  3. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    looks like all are paid heavily to push dead product(ritz).....how ritz can be the best among the whole lot???
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    :eek:fftopic
    Overdrive is the worst offender when it comes to biased reporting.
    And listening to Sirish Chandran is like listening to a text-to-speech program.

Go for the 90 Sharad. You won't regret it.
  5. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    +1 to that.

i wish if they had proper accent at least, sounded like ******** .
    Last edited: May 10, 2011
  6. I have driven I20 CRDI, engine is silent and powerful but 90 BHP Punto is not any way behind.
    I test drove the car multiple times as well as distance of over 300 kms long drive.

i20 fails to induce any confidence to to cruise beyond 110-120 kms/hr , car feels like going at 160-170 at that speed, steering is dumb ,you will need to apply breaks on even a lane change at higher speeds,I understand this is called bad handling.

Where as Punto feels safe and stamped to ground even over speeds of 170 km/hr,76 BHP is little more noisier then 90 BHP .

You will definitely love the roar from the engine in 90HP.

Only advantage of i20 is it is having 6th gear but can't over take vehicles while cruising 6th at speed of 80-90 ,you will have down shit to 4th gear to do that.

Punto can over take while in 5th gear all the day, over build quality of the punto is more solid than i20.

-Sat
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2011
  7. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Being owner of 90HP Punto, I am totally agree to Sat-Chit-ananda.
  8. drarvindc

drarvindc

Nagpur
    I have never driven my Punto 90 HP above 120 kms and that too happened, when i cruised on my way (pune - nagpur). The speed beep came in and i realised i went above 120... ha ha. Its very comfortable and driving is sheer fun. You won't regret it, mine is now a year old and i love her more daily.
  9. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    High speed stability cant be compared to another car in its segment. On Pune Mumbai Express Highway I touched 150kmph and believe me the stability like FEVICOL, I never lost my confidence. ABS was working accuratly and which resulted into excellent breaking performance.
  10. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    If the thread starter has not already made his deicsion, I say go for the 90bhp. You are going to be doing lots of highway drive's where the extra 90bhp will come in handy. I don't think there is any 'deal breaker' difference in mileage between the 75 & 90bhp variants.