1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

diesel hatch i20 or punto 90hp or 76 hp

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by sharadverma, May 5, 2011.

1. guru

guru

Hyderabad
    Punto 75 much more peppier in the city traffic than 90hp
  2. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Really :eek: ?
  3. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    it isnt. practically not and not even logically. its just wrong impressions from someone and its spread on the forum.
  4. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    yes it is to an extent. 90 hp have a bit different gear ratio and vgt response is also bit more linear than fgt . that is why one wont feel additional 15 horses at lower end.
    Last edited: May 5, 2011
  5. sharadverma

sharadverma

Delhi
    Is there any mileage difference in 75 hp and 90 hp as I have around 100 kms running per day
  6. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Sharad, 90Hp might deliver higher FE as it has got a VGT. I am in a hurry so will reply to your thread later today.

Some of the TFI members (5-8) are assembling at Elegant Motors (Samyak Motors) on Sunday, 8th May 2011, at around 11am. See the complete address here:
    http://delhi.justdial.com/samyak-motors-pvt-ltd_patpar-ganj__zakyheGPkfq.htm

Samyak Motors Pvt Ltd.
    206,Fie, Patpar Ganj Industrial Area, Patpar Ganj, Delhi - 110092

See if you can make it over there for first hand ownership feedback. :)
    Last edited: May 6, 2011
  7. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    If you are going to do highway runs then Punto it is. Just drive one after a i20 on the highway and you will see the difference.

ASS: There was a thread on team-bhp from Hyundai owner's about the difficulties they are facing. There is this reputation in the market that Hyundai ASS is great. It was well earned no doubt about that but that was the past. Just like Fiat has a reputation of poor ASS which refuses to go, Hyundai has a reputation of great ASS which refuses to go!

Mileage: Both should be almost equal. I have achieved 26kmpl on the highway over a 112 kms drive. If you think that was a one off incident, I have also managed 25kmpl over a longish highway drive. Despite a 6 speed M/T there isn't much between these cars.

Maintainence: I spent Rs.5,000 for a 30,000 kms service on my Punto. It is subjective but I find it par for the course. Service intervals are 15,000 kms. In your case, you will do 25k in a year, thats 1 service in a year or 5K in a year. As a comparo, I spent Rs.5K on the 15K service for my City! Yet, Honda's have a reputation of being cheap to service!

Resale value: Buy a car to enjoy it. Besides, what monetary value you will attach to the fun to drive factor and that special emotional connect you will feel with your Punto?

The i20 with it's typical soft suspension and light steering is going to be a handful to drive on the highway. Drive a Punto on the highway and you will be blown away by the sure footedness, stablitiy and handling this 'hatchback' will provide. And the steering....just expreince it buddy!
  8. sharadverma

sharadverma

Delhi
    Thanks a lot for the views and suggestions, I wil try to come at 11 but seems difficult but any way how long you all will be there as I have to go to get my swift service from noida. So while returning back I can see u guys
  9. sharadverma

sharadverma

Delhi
    Sorry friends I could not make in on Sunday, but yes thanks to AXN bhai who has made up my mind on punto finally but still confused on 75hp and 90 hp on mileage front and is their is drastic power difference between the two, please help me in decideing with your suggestions
  10. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    If you are more on Highway drive then 90 HP is ADVISED, viceversa 75HP is also not a bad deal,
    So when is the great day gonno come......