1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

diesel engine oil examination

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by dadasaheb, Jan 6, 2015.

1. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    Does a new diesel engine oil changes its color to full black after 10 km of drive and viscosity also same like the one driven 10000 km ?
    Even after engine flushing is done ?
  2. pdash

pdash Regolare

Bangalore
    Mahadevapura
    Grande Punto 1.3
    This is what every FASS claims.
    dadasaheb likes this.
  3. Jotinder

Jotinder Regolare

New Delhi
    Linea 1.3
    Yes, it changes color. Seen it in my car after 50km highway drive.
    dadasaheb likes this.
  4. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    @pdash, @Jotinder Thanks for your replies, i was thinking that they have not changed engine oil at all, today they showed me CCTV footage in which i saw one guy draining out engine oil and then refilling it.
    I was thinking that engine oil should at least remain greenish for few hundred kms and the viscosity is also gets changed, they also showed me another car in which oil was just filled and after 5 min of idle engine running it started to change to black.
    pdash likes this.
  5. Sujit508

Sujit508 Amatore

Bangalore , Karnataka
    Bangalore
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    The Oil Color changes to Black as soon as the engine is started. no need of 10 kms also .

During oil changes(local garage), soon after filling oil, the engine is put on idle for a minute for the oil to settle down to a correct level.
    Just after 1 minute of idle. The oil in the dipstick appears black.
    dadasaheb likes this.
  6. Dhruv_Sappers

Dhruv_Sappers Amatore

Pune
    Yes. That is what every FASS will tell you. This is what happens so nothing to worry. The viscosity should be right and that's all you should be worried about before the drain interval.
    dadasaheb likes this.