1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Diesel Dilemma: Sub-10 Lac Rs. Sedan

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by sharma_sanjeevin, Feb 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. basis

basis Amatore

Bangalore
    Ichimaru is correct. I like the engine and build quality of Fiat. Linea is awesome. But out of my pocket :(

VW is costly to maintain.
  2. sharma_sanjeevin

sharma_sanjeevin Regolare

Mumbai
  3. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Great. FIAT India is introducing great products every year, but doesn't get rewarded with sales numbers.
  4. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    The car is yet to be launched and as far as I know you wanted a car in April. The Linea 1.6 is not going to be launched before June - July. This is what you have written earlier in the thread

The intention of this section / thread is to discuss the current cars in the market and make a buying decision. The Linea 1.6 therefore does not feature in this discussion (unless there is an official announcement from Fiat). I therefore request you to base your discussion on the current choices and not speculative launches. So please don't bring the Linea 1.6 in discussion here. It can be discussed in the "Hangout" thread till there is an official launch announcement from Fiat.

Besides : while buying a car there has to be a clear list of "MUST HAVE's" & "DEAL BREAKERS". If you could enlist those clearly, your decision making process would become a lot easier and more importantly - Quicker !! As of now it feels like you are looking for the perfect car which unfortunately does not exist.
  5. sharma_sanjeevin

Mumbai
    Sorry to say, i have a different opinon here, because in my opening post i have said that i will wait for the Verna & Fiesta also. I have handed over my present Car (Dzire) to its new owner on last Saturday and i am searching for a new car now.

And to my surprise, just today morning i saw the thread for the 1.6 MJD Linea, so whats wrong in waiting till all the options to be available at your disposal when you can foresee that those are going to be launched here in a short span of time.

And who does not look for a 'Perfect Car', it is altogether a different story that it dosent exist :) but the options including the Linea 1.6 MJD seems to meet most of the expectations. So will definitely wait for it, and i dont mind waiting here, as i have a substitute car with me. And i want that the decision should be of an informed buyer. I think there is nothing wrong in it.

Also, i wrote in my earlier post, that if the moderators feel that this thread is dragged they can close the thread for now, and i will request to re-open the thread when all the options are available.
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2011
  6. sharma_sanjeevin

Mumbai
    Decision taken after a lot of thinking..!! I will be buying the 1.6 MJD when it is launched in May or June.

I know the wait is long, but it will be a Complete Linea & a Car well worth waiting for :)
  7. I am not sure if 1.6 MJD will be available anytime in May/June. Confirmed sources from FIAT revealed that we may expect 1.6 only towards the fag end of the year or early 2012.

May/June is too too early i beleive.

Knowing FIAT fully well, they have never launched their previous cars on the speculated timeline. Its always a year later we see them on road.

All i am wishing is that you dont wait longer but get a good car to your liking & satisfaction very soon. All the very Best.
  8. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I am closing this thread for now.

Sanjeev, PM any mods if you would like it to re-open.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.