1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Diesel Dilemma: Sub-10 Lac Rs. Sedan

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by sharma_sanjeevin, Feb 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ichimaru

Ichimaru Regolare

Gurgaon, India
    ^
    LMAO.
    Please consider the safety aspect before finalizing on any car.
    Linea is a much much better and solidly built car than the sx4!
  2. sharma_sanjeevin

sharma_sanjeevin Regolare

Mumbai
    Yes, Considering the rise in the Petrol prices, the Petrol Versions of any brand Depreciate faster than the Diesel Cousins and the same is the case with the SX4.

Amogh, you have successfully diverted the topic towards the Most sought after & discussed topic "RE-SALE Value", hope the discussion will comeback to the Topic :lol:

@Ichimaru, the linea has a vault like built. It does feel a very safe car & the rest can assured by the solid "Thunk" on closing the Doors :) also during the Test Drive, my wife pointed out that she was feeling a kind of Safety while seated in the Car. To let you know, she sat in the Linea for the First Time ever ::D
  3. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    Yes Linea has a vault like built, But I still feel FIAT-Palio was built like TANK :)

Linea even it is built like vault, the way it cruzes on highway it is amazing. I am speechless, It is dream come true for Enthusiasts.

Well done FIAT

SX4 is not a bad car, remember it is built jointly by FIAT & SUZUKI. It lacks feature comfort, but then you enjoy the high re-sale value.

If you think of owing the car for more than 4-5 years then you can consider Linea no doubt about it. If you plan to sell before that GO FOR SX4 !

Thanks
    Vasu
  4. sharma_sanjeevin

Mumbai
    @Kr_vasudev, thanks for the suggestion. Yes, i am going to keep the car for atleast 5 years.
  5. sharma_sanjeevin

Mumbai
    Last Sunday i went to the Maruti Showroom for checking out the SX4 DDiS, at that time the cars were not available in the showrooms. The Sales Executive told me that he will get in touch with when the car is launched.
    Just 5 minutes ago received a call from the Showroom, the same guy whom i had interacted was on the phone, our conversation is mentioned below:

1. Sales Executive: Good morning Sir. Myself: Good Morning.
    2. SE: Sir, what have you thought of booking the SX4 Diesel, you came last sunday for the enquiry. Myself: Is the TD Vehicle Available ?
    3. SE: Sir, SX4 Diesel TD cars are not yet available with us, you can drive the Petrol Car & Book it ::OO Myself: Sorry boss, i cant blidnly book a car which is altogether different in the character and driving dynamics. Do let me know once the TD vehicles are there.

Heck, same thing i experienced when i was willing to purchase the Dzire when it was launched. At that time, they didnt had the Petrol Version for the TD, instead they were offering the ZDi version for the TD :hit
  6. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    Funniest part, this happens at the dealer side and happened to me as well.

When I wanted to upgrade from Fiat Palio, I was very clear that my next car would be from Fiat Stable. I was prepared to take chance even if Fiat rides out of TATA JV, I know how to get my car serviced.

But was in confusion to book 1.3 MJD or 1.4 Jet. TJet was not available for the TD, the dealer asked me to take 1.4 NA TD. It happens.

All the best in your decision, I know it is very tough and sometimes you will wake up in middle of the sleep to decide which car :A

Thanks
    Vasu
  7. gauravp

gauravp Amatore

Pune
    Very true Vasudev..when i went to TD Vento, dealer asked me to TD Polo and said they are both same..Vento is just a boot on Polo ::D

You won't believe- at some point of time i was afraid to go to showrooms for TD that they will not allow me to enter to the showroom. I TDed Vento/Polo(Diesel/Petrol) - 8 times, ANHC - 4 times, I20 - 4 times, Linea- 4 times. Even after that i was in confusion which car to buy. At the end i bought The Famous T Jet :drinks
  8. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    On one level I understand why the dealer's do this. They want to ensure the sale and thanks to a not so knowledgeable customer base, they do get away with these things at times.

What I don't understand is why Skoda, Fiat, VW dealers get the flak for doing this while Maruti dealers top J.D.Power SSI survey's year after year!
  9. Ichimaru

Ichimaru Regolare

Gurgaon, India
    So any update?
  10. sharma_sanjeevin

Mumbai
    Ichimaru, hope you would have read my earlier post about the SX4, that guy called me again today morning and told. Sir, the TD cars will be available from next week onwards, he will give me a call :hit

Regarding, the Verna RB, i think the price will cross 9.5 L mark for sure, as the current Verna is also overpriced. I will update once i get my hands on the SX4.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.