1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Diesel Dilemma: Sub-10 Lac Rs. Sedan

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by sharma_sanjeevin, Feb 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. +1 to you Amogh.

In case, if Fiat launches Linea 1.6 MJD, he can buy it without loosing a good amount of money. ::D
  2. ratanshivi

ratanshivi Regolare

Mald (East)
    Hi Sanjeev,

Finally Amough Hit the Nail on the Head - The Only major negative point is FIAT does not have Resale Value!!!
  3. Axn

Axn Regolare

Delhi

SX4 is fastest depreciating vehicle from Maruti stable.
  4. True.
    When i sold my previous Linea 1.4, i found that the resale value of similar vintage SX4 is only higher by Rs. 15000 - Rs. 20000, in Chennai resale market.
  5. sharma_sanjeevin

sharma_sanjeevin Regolare

Mumbai
    @Binzy, Manasmadan, bhai & Amith, Thanks for your suggestions guys. It heartning to see that we have a super knowledgeable bunch of guys, without any bias towards a particular brand.

@Amogh, Fully agree with you, that Maruti's have EXCELLENT Re-Sale value. Which i have experienced currently while selling my 3 Year old Dzire, i got a fantastic re-sale value for it, litreally i was caught in a dilemma, where i was confused that to whom i should sell the car. All the 4 proposals were tooo lucrative ::D

@Ratan, thanks for the suggestion dude..!! whats up.
  6. sharma_sanjeevin

Mumbai
    Didnt got your point, can you please explain ?

As SX4 is a decent selling Sedan for Maruti, AFAIK it never went down the 1500 Cars / month in the sales charts.
  7. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    My view is the re-sale will depend how much car actually sales (read as demand).
    Dzire, or any hot selling cars from maruti, will definitely fetch great re-sale value. For SX4 it can't be same. 1500 cars/month, from maruti can't be called decent.
  8. sharma_sanjeevin

Mumbai
    Ravi, i just gave an example for the sales of the SX4. Calling it decent, the reason being for Maruti, it was their first foray into the C-Segment and it had the Honda City as its competitor at that time. Maruti & Suzuki, especially in our country are considered as a Small car manufacturers. So considering the sales of 2500 units IIRC in the first month of launch was decent enough for Maruti.
  9. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I agree.
    This is what I meant ::D .
  10. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Most of you seem to have missed a point

There is NO way a DIESEL SX4 is going to depreciate as fast as a PETROL SX4. So comparing resale of Petrol vs Diesel variant does not come up.

Remember the taxi market will be gung ho about the SX4 DIESEL. The taxi market buys the Altis Diesel. I don't see how they WON'T look at the SX4 Diesel especially considering the fact that the SX4 is as (un?)comfortable as the Altis !! Besides I also feel a lot of corporates will be buying the SX4 diesel.

Anyway : I have managed to take this topic from WHAT CAR ? to WHAT RESALE ? :hijacked :evilsmile :evilsmile
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.