1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Diesel Dilemma: Sub-10 Lac Rs. Sedan

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by sharma_sanjeevin, Feb 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Are you serious?
    All new upgrades, i10 or Verna, looks horrible from front. I know looks are subjective, but still I feel you can't say Ritz back is gorgeous. ::D
    Yes i20 and Santro still looks good, luckily Hyundai has not touched these yet.

My choice would be between Vento and Linea.

I was just reading, SX4 is heavier than Linea and power is less than Linea. Feature wise anyday Linea will ahead of anything. Yes GC will be better in SX4.
  2. sharma_sanjeevin

sharma_sanjeevin Regolare

Mumbai
    The SX4 is claimed 90 BHP & the Lineas power rating is read as 93 PS, can anyone tell the difference between the two ? I may sound dumb, but need to know ::V

Feature wise nothing comes close to the Linea in the current breed of the C-Segment Sedans, will have to watch for What the New Verna RB has to offer.
    Regarding the looks of the Verna Transform, that was in my view the Ugliest Facelift ever given to a car ::D
  3. You will be more confused in the coming months as newer models are launched. Each time a model is launched, you will wait for the next.....

I can understand your predicament.
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    SX4 website is up and diesel details are available.

The engine is 90PS (not 90 BHP).
    90PS/4000 RPM
    200 NM/1750 RPM

For Linea
    93PS/4000 RPM
    209 NM/2000 RPM
  5. sharma_sanjeevin

Mumbai
    Binzy, fully agree with you. It is very diffcult to make a choice when you have so many good cars to choose from. I have a kept a deadline for myself till April when my current car will be handed over to its new owner. So i would consider April mid to be the time when i go for a new car purchase, untill that time whatever models will be launched i will consider.
  6. sharma_sanjeevin

Mumbai
    Ravi, thanks for the information.

Can you explain the difference between the BHP & PS, what is the difference in terms of BHP when we say SX4 90PS & Linea 93 PS ?
  7. In German, PS = Pferd (Horse) Stärke (power)

1 PS = 0.986 HP

1 HP = 1.014 PS

EDIT:

1 PS = 75 kg x 1 g (9.8065 mts/sec2) x 1 mtr/sec = 735.4875 Watts

1 BHP is about 746 Watts
  8. of all the cars u ve listed, i ll like to evaluate each one by one

1) SX4: The thing that goes in its favour is maruti s ASS. But is there anything else exciting abt this car.. i couldnt find it. yes, if u want a car jaust for the sake of transporting u from A to B, this is the car for u. Maruti is very good at making such cars. The choice is urs.

2) Linea: Well, many things go in its favour: looks, styling, All the gizmos and features ( noone can match it in this), ride and handling, price, famous engine, low cost of mantainence and spares, 4 year additional warranty
    things against it: ASS (although things ve improved a gr8 deal), fit and finish issues (but new 2011 batch cars dont seem to ve any problem)

3) vento: well, it just doesnt seem exciting enough for me.. lacks any features except ACC, rear seat good enough for only 2 thanks to the big tunnel hump, price to high. costly spares and mantainence (VW doesnt even give any free services for it)
    good thongs for it: VW brand name (percieved by indians as gr8), interior fit and finish, gr8 engine

4) rest of the cars: not launched yet so no comments on it although must say hyundai i45 and ford fiesta look gr8
  9. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP

Power means Reving capacity of engine. Torque means Rotational Force to spin the wheel.

Petrol engine has more power but low torque. & Diesel engine has less power & more torque.

BHP is British term to measure power. & PS is DIN term to measure power.

To convert BHP to PS Vice-Versa & to convert torque N.M. to Kgm Vice-Versa

Go to http://www.boosttown.com/engine/power_t ... ersion.php

Online calculator is available. BTW I will say don't go in Dilemma. Go for Linea. :wow
  10. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Go for the SX4 diesel. Keep it for a year : if you like it fine : if you don't : sell it (remember Maruti has EXCELLENT resale value) and get the Linea.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.