1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Diesel Dilemma: Sub-10 Lac Rs. Sedan

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by sharma_sanjeevin, Feb 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sharma_sanjeevin

sharma_sanjeevin Regolare

Mumbai
    I am on the onset of selling my current car, the Swift Dzire VXi. The car is sold and will be handed over to the New owner in April 2011.

So friends kindly help me in choosing a New Car. I am in search of a Sub-10 Lac Diesel Sedan. I test drove the below mentioned 2 Cars and my observations are mentioned below, I have added Hyundai Verna RB & Maruti SX-4 DDiS to the list of contenders, as they would be launched soon:

1. FIAT Linea MJD E+: My Favourite, i can’t hide the bias towards the Beauty :)

+ves:
    • Fantastic Styling, nothing beats it on this count.
    • Frugal & refined 1.3 VGT Multijet Engine.
    • Features, features & features, it offers a lot more than the competition.
    • Legendary Ride & Handling.
    • Assurance of Extended Warranty & RSA.
    • I am just in love with the Steering Wheel ?

-ves:
    • Fit & Finish in certain areas is still behind the competition for e.g.: Glove Box.
    • No Bottle holders at ALL. Heck, where will I keep the water bottles? I have two kids with me.
    • Low Ground Clearance. Can 16 Inchers from the T-Jet be fitted without the Warranty being Void?

2. VW Vento TDI Highline:

+ves:
    • Powerful TDI Engine. Simply loved the Torque & power of the Engine.
    • Volkswagen Brand Image (especially in India) ? rest of the World it is debatable.
    • Interior Fit & Finish, which is Top Notch. No two questions about that.

-ves:
    • Vibrations filtering on to the Gear Lever & Clutch Pedal.
    • Cost of Ownership is unknown. Heard VW’s are expensive to maintain.
    • Waiting period of 5 months. Heck what is VW thinking.
    • Around 55K more expensive than the Linea MJD E+. Apart from ACC there is nothing to talk about the features.
    • Transmission Tunnel hump is TOO high, seating a 3rd passenger is impossible. It will be painful even for a child to sit in between.
    • Bland styling, looks like a Polo with a boot.

3. Hyundai Verna RB: Soon to be launched.

+ves:
    • Looks Awesome.
    • Hyundai A.S.S
    • 1.6 CRDi Diesel Mill.

-ves:
    • Cannot comment on this part, will update when the car is launched.

4. Maruti Szuuki SX-4: Soon to be launched.

+ves:
    • Looks Good.
    • Maruti's Trusted A.S.S
    • 1.3 VGT Multijet Engine.
    • Good Ground Clearance.

-ves:
    • Cannot comment on this part, will update when the car is launched.
  2. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Look at all 4 doors, you can place 1ltr water bottle in each of 4 doors packets. Open the rear seat armrest, you can hold 2 - 1-1.5lts bottles there too.
    I hope thats ample space to place around all the bottles for kids.

Its negative conception about missing bottle holder, many of us are tuned to look in just one way.
  3. Ichimaru

Ichimaru Regolare

Gurgaon, India
    Hyundai and Maruti would always be flimsy built cars.
    Buying a car is like buying a house...look for a well built safe car for your family.
    Europeans are the safest.
    And List of positives of Linea far exceeds that of the Vento, Hence my recommendation is obvious.
    I don't find Vento VFM no USB, No steering mounted audio controls, no rear sun blind and what not when compared to Linea.
  4. sharma_sanjeevin

Mumbai
    Hmm Interesting observation. Need to check out.

Ichimaru, thanks for the suggestion :)
  5. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

6. sharma_sanjeevin

Mumbai
    The Test Drive car which i drove on Sunday was a Brand new Car & had only clocked 560 Kms. But the Glove Box was misaligned to a good extent, i did not pointed it out it was my Wife who observed this.

But yes i have to say, they have rectified the alignment near the Ignition keyhole area to a great extent.
  7. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    The test drive car may look like new and Less ODO rating.. please check the make month and year of the TD vehicle... It might be a mid 2010 make.... FIAT cars from OCT 2010 onwards and especially the 2011 makes have better fit and finish than Maruti's and almost like the hyundai's... I am serious as i saw one Linea MJD E-Pack yesterday at Malik cars stockyard and it was Hip Hop Black in color....... The interior finish and soft touch feel (Like Honda City's) made me jealous of my car's interior finish and feel
  8. sharma_sanjeevin

Mumbai
    Shashank, it was a Brand New January-2011 make. I checked it out. May be they had not done the PDI properly at the dealer level.
    The car had a PDI OK Sitcker on the Top Left of the Windscreen.
  9. Even my new 2011 TJet has mialigned glovebox which i noticed during the PDI and it was rectified on the spot. Just need to tighten the screws. This shouldn't be a deal breaker.
  10. sharma_sanjeevin

Mumbai
    Yup Binzy, agree with you. It is not a deal brekaer, i was pointing out as to what i felt about the car.

Any views about the other 2 cars the SX-4 & Verna RB, i know they are yet to be launched. But trying to gauge the response from the fellow members :)
    Since you are a T-Jet owner, can 16 inchers from the T-Jet be fitted in the MJD without voiding the Warranty ?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.