1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Diesel Chevy Beat ready to hit the market

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by suresh, May 10, 2011.

1. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Aaron you are correct. Just had chat with my friend who is working with GM. He said full fledge production of BEAT Diesel will starting from 10th July & it will be launched at the end of July.

Approximate price for basic model will be near about 5 lacs.
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Rs5 lacs for the base model is a bit too much. I think it makes more sense to buy a FIGO in that case. Whereas Chevy BEAT has an extremely cramped rear seat, the rear seat space of FIGO is almost as good as Grande Punto (achieved at the expense of an Alto/Zen like front windscreen design ofcourse).

Considering the fact that BEAT PS (base variant) sells for Rs3.55 lacs ex-showroom, a diesel beat at 4.0 lacs would be a nice offer, considering the fact that it only has got 3 cylinder 1.0 liter diesel engine against FIGO's 1.4 liter 4-cylinder engine. Being a 3 cylinder diesel engine, NVH inside the cabin should be as bad as inside a diesel VW Polo.
  3. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Yes exactly, I saw this Beat Diesel early morning in on of my friends apartment ( Akarudi which is very near to the GM Plant Pune ). The noise of the car is like VW Polo.
  4. Sorry for off topic question, what is the kind of torque and BHP tractor?
  5. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
  6. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Sat-Chit- The tractors people use in their farms are tuned in a specific manner considering the requirement/usage scenario. Now, these tractors have to do lots of pulling and absolutely zero pushing (top speed). Since top speed is of no use, BHP figures can stay low but the torque figures should be high enough to pull various things in muddy fields.

Below is the way people use tractors in my native place Bathinda ;)

Tractor 1.jpg
    Tractor 2.jpg
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2011
  7. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    woahh what is this Paddleshifter? I shocked when I saw these pics :)
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Kedar bhai, they are carrying the outer wheat husk, separated after removing the wheat grains from the stalks. In Punjabi, its called "toodi" and is fed to cattle also , mixed with fresh green fodder.

Countless accidents happen here because they overload their trucks and tractor trailers.

As for the Beat D , i reckon it's tuned to be an out and out city car. On the open road, as the specs say, it's simply gonna run out of breath.

Gurjinder.
  9. sorry could not hold my self back.

PUNTO ROCKS!!!!!

paddleshifter
    the scene is no better here in my place. the roads are atleast a little wider there. single lane roads and these tractor walas cant move their bags coming out from the body, cant overtake. its real pain if they are infront of us
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2011
  10. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    One more thing I confirmed from one of my friend who is working with GM. The ground clearance for this is too low. They are thinking about the Engine Gaurrd like Punto to protect oil sump.

May be they will drop idea of Engine Gaurd due to low ground clearance.