1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Diesel Chevy Beat ready to hit the market

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by suresh, May 10, 2011.

1. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Yeah the diesel will boom up the sale of the Ugly Duck, Anyhow i did not like the Rear of the car.
  2. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Yeah as we look price hikes in Petrol people will rush to buy this car. 1ltr Diesel Engine wilth mileage of more than 25kmpl.

GM hit at right place of INDIA Auto Market. They know requirments of INDIANs very well.
  3. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    @ kedarbendre you are right...they are concentrating more on the 'Aam Janta' with this model ..It will be the mileage factor which will be a major hit. Even though the same mileage is offered in the new Indigo Ev2, the Chevy brand name will be an aded advantage
  4. Rizzou

Rizzou

Hyderabad
    Chevy and Fiats are not a comparasion, its like two opposite things, Fiat diesel engines are universally used in many cars today, but i think ll b a over load for beat's Chassis. and more over Beat guess will sell more as is pretty low prices in its range now a 1 Ltr diesel guess will even pump up the sales, as diesel modern engines are mostly preferred by people nowadays. Rest ll have to wait and watch...
  5. suresh

suresh Novizio

Bangalore
    Request the moderator to move this thread to the appropriate heading.

Bur on the other hand I am sure this would have been moved if this was is the wrong place.
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    You got it all wrong there brother.

I'd meant a different forum altogether. Whose tagline is " The definitive indian car community".:D

As i said , thats my view, and others can debate on this thread as and when they want.

Gurjinder.
  7. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    The chevy beat wont get the national engine..Chevy's own developed 1.0L Smartech Diesel engine developing 150nm@1750rpm a torque monster..Prices yet to be out !!
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    I find the rumored specs i.e. 57bhp and 140-150Nm downright silly.

Low bhp and high torque (at low rpms) figures are better left for tractor engines.

If anyone has driven a tractor, they'll know what i mean!

Gurjinder.
  9. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    @gurjinder

Source was CnB show on NDTV profit..They had a factory tour in the show and also aired on how that particular engine was developed in B'lore for indian conditions..It's a 3 cylinder engine :D