1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Diesel Additive

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by airfoil, Apr 26, 2012.

1. EGR clenaing will allow more air to engine these two are not related but will compliment. There is abro decarb spary,one needs to spary it to intake manifold but still may not match the result of EGR cleaning process.
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  2. Fiat-Yamaha

Fiat-Yamaha Superiore

Aahh finally got hold of Abro injector cleaner today.
    By the time I reached JK my luck ABRO supplier was there at shop.
    Got 1 injector cleaner rs.220/- and 1 fuel treatment rs.230/-(for next tank full).
  3. Demand increased so as the price.
  4. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

But Sunil, you ordered already on snapdeal, no?
  5. Fiat-Yamaha

Fiat-Yamaha Superiore

Ya aditya I had but even they had issues with procuring & estimated delivery was on 7th. So could nt wait still since tank is almost empty & long drive this weekend. Went with JK.
  6. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I ordered for 2 bottles of ABRO through Changemytyre.com. After lots of follow up and nearly 10 days I got 4 bottles of 200ml instead of 2 bottle of 352ml. Now, I am confised whether to use 2 bottles for a tank full or just one. Can some one advice please. My car is already run 76K + kms.

7. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    Grande Punto 1.3
    With this run, 2 bottles for full tank sounds good.
    With that run,i used one full bottle(khamba :D )
    1 person likes this.
  8. magnan

magnan Amatore

Jaipur, Rajasthan
    I recently used Stanadyne Diesel Additive. With that my Punto has become more responsive to accelerator inputs. Slight push on accelerator pedal and it leaps.1 bottle of 234 ml is sufficient for 130 liters of diesel(2 ml/l). FE increased by 2km/l.
    After using Stanadyne for 3 tankfuls, I used Abro Diesel Injector Cleaner. Full bottle(354) ml in 31 liters,(approx14 liters diesel was there in tank with Stanadyne). But no noticeable improvement as Stanadyne had done all the needful. 6 months before when I used Abro Injector Cleaner, it did wonderful job.
  9. Anup

Anup Regolare

Grande Punto 1.3
    Well I tried ABRO Diesel Cleaner on my Friend's Duster but the effects were not highly noticeable considering it has done above 40,000 kms.

Anyone tired 3M Diesel Cleaning Additive ?
  10. Maddy79

Maddy79 Amatore

Grande Punto 1.3
    Planning to use ABRO Diesel Injector cleaner.
    Read a lot on these Injector Cleaners in/out of this forum.It's kind of mixed opinions from most of its users.
    Most of them stated that it worked fine till the fuel tank was near to empty(Diesel+additive) ,but post usage, couldn't find any one stating if these additives have really done any good to the injectors.
    Hope it should result in better acceleration responce than before, if the additive had cleared a minimum clog from the injectors.
    Even, if it clears/results (20%-30%), that should be good for the money spent which does not involve removal of injectors for cleaning.
    Experts, kindly share your thoughts.

Most of us are unaware of the quality & quantity of diesel been pumped into our cars and it's nearly impossible by looking at the color of the fuel and tell about its adulteration.