1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Did you face(d) issue with stock FIAT alloy - bend/crack?

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by gvm, Jun 18, 2011.

?

Did you face(d) issue with stock FIAT alloy - bend/crack?

1. Yes, I am facing issue with stock alloy

44.4%
  2. No, I am not facing any issue with stock alloy

55.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    I think the main reason Fiat alloys are bending or having problem has got more to do with the suspension. The car floats over most irregularities and we dont feel the intensity or the hit by bad roads and hence we tend to take it at much higher speed than the other cars do.

I myself admit that there are many speed breakers that I hardly respect, but I get away as my car is the Active version and I dont have alloys. Many speed breakers where other cars literally stop and pay respect, are nothing for me. A little bit of care on bad roads would do well for those who have alloys fitted

Abdul
  2. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    It is JWL only. No confusion at all!:) It represents Japan Light Alloy Wheel Standard. Details are here.
    DSC04219.JPG
  3. pons

pons

Hi all,
    pls suggest how to approach the below issue -
    I purchased fiat linea emotion pack diesel almost a year back from Concorde motors Bangalore, run about 19000 km. The issue is while doing the service in fiat authorised center the service advisor showed and told me the alloy wheels are bent and need to be replaced. However i do not agree with service advisor that it is driven in a harsh manner and hence the alloy wheels are bent. It is single driven by me all the time and i have driven the car normally. this is not the first car i am driving in similar road conditions.
    could forum members advice what options are available for me..
    - cannot claim insurance as atleast 3 of the alloys are bent, insurance company will generally honour claim for only 1 alloy itseems..
    - not sure if warranty is there for alloy wheels
    - will fiat give some 50 % discount so that i can buy the original alloys and fit

---------- Post added at 03:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:45 PM ----------

Hi all,
    pls suggest how to approach the below issue -
    I purchased fiat linea emotion pack diesel almost a year back from Concorde motors Bangalore, run about 19000 km. The issue is while doing the service in fiat authorised center the service advisor showed and told me the alloy wheels are bent and need to be replaced. However i do not agree with service advisor that it is driven in a harsh manner and hence the alloy wheels are bent. It is single driven by me all the time and i have driven the car normally. this is not the first car i am driving in similar road conditions.
    could forum members advice what options are available for me..
    - cannot claim insurance as atleast 3 of the alloys are bent, insurance company will generally honour claim for only 1 alloy itseems..
    - not sure if warranty is there for alloy wheels
    - will fiat give some 50 % discount so that i can buy the original alloys and fit