1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Did you face(d) issue with stock FIAT alloy - bend/crack?

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by gvm, Jun 18, 2011.

?

Did you face(d) issue with stock FIAT alloy - bend/crack?

1. Yes, I am facing issue with stock alloy

44.4%
  2. No, I am not facing any issue with stock alloy

55.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Yeah, 8k is kind of low. So I'm touting other options and will be mostly sticking to OE alloys according to the home ministry order. I liked the Apollo alloys which this guy showed, will call up insurance guys tomorrow and check if this can be claimed.

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk
  2. maverick

maverick Amatore

Heard that Fiat is localizing the production of Punto / Linea alloys. I hope from now on we get stronger alloy rims than the one improted from Brazil.
  3. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    As far as possible stay with 98PCD alloys..
    Using 100PCD is known to cause problems such as wheel wobbling, difficulty in refitting, bolts getting chewed up, and problems in wheel balancing.
  4. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    I heard that it's being imported from Thailand and not Brazil.

Yes royj, In fact I took the car to another Alignment center and he said there is nothing wrong with the rims, the problem seems to be with the Tyre. My ODO is at 20K now, waiting for another 5-6 K before throwing the Goodyear's. I'm going to take a third opinion on the Rims before taking a call on the Alloys. But if I need to change it unfortunately I've decided to stick with OE Alloys, I know they are expensive but it looks good on the Punto.
  5. @teky, as I told you earlier, do check with Kava Auto if you are planning to buy the OE wheels. Last time when we inquired, he quoted 5.5 for the Linea's alloy.
  6. Guys i recently bought a used Linea alloys for my Punto. I started face slightly wobbling around 70 to 80 kms and then it disappears. Not sure what the problem is. With my stock steel rims i never had this problem. What could be the exact reason. The wheels are aligned and also balanced with new set of yoko C drives.

One more thing i have observed, the alloys have a marking of "JIL", i found the same on Sx4 ZDI, toyota innova too. Is "JIL" a manufacturer of alloys? if yes fiat alloys are not to be blamed.
  7. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    CHETAN bro,

how much did you pay for orignal used linea alloys.even am looking for linea alloys...
  8. Varoon, I paid 16k, used ones brother.
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    It's a manufacturing standard for alloy wheels. Like there is ISO:9000 etc.

Is it JIL or JWL?
  10. Not sure Gurji, you can read it either way, i reread it only after you asked. I can read it as JWL now:confused