1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Did you face(d) issue with stock FIAT alloy - bend/crack?

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by gvm, Jun 18, 2011.

?

Did you face(d) issue with stock FIAT alloy - bend/crack?

1. Yes, I am facing issue with stock alloy

44.4%
  2. No, I am not facing any issue with stock alloy

55.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    srikaratluri - May be this pic can help... Bushes will get them checked ..as i usually dont get to attain 70kmph in city, hence doesn't bother me on daily driving, but on highways it does at those speeds.

Sorry the pic is too small donno why. Arrow on top indicates outer wall and arrow on bottom indicates inner side
    So Mangesh asked me to do a inside-out

Tyre.jpg
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2011
  2. strip the tyre from the rim.and put it in opposite direction??
    but these wheels have arrows na sir
    in which direction they must move?
    wont this affect the tyres?
  3. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    i believe direction is certainly there, as these days Asymmetric wheels are more common for its better grip around corners.

That's why i asked the forum if there is any harm in doing inside-out for testing it on highway run for 30-40kms

Also, there is no alloy damage or bent + i remember reading in the past on TFI, who changed all 4 alloys with steel rim and the issue vanished & he showcased this to TASS, but not sure what was the end result of that?
  4. if the issue vanished with steel rims it means that the alloys are at fault.

asymmetric tyres can be done that way if i am not wrong.
    my bike tyre is put the other way only(opposite to the arrow)
  5. Narayan

Narayan Regolare

Chennai

Hello Ravi, can you please let me know how you were able to acheive getting 50% warranty paid by Fiat? I also have the same issue in mine, and i have it in 3 alloys. I have bot abused my GP,with bad driving at all, but im not sure how i can prove it to Fiat.
  6. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Please see here for details. I had sent emails to the top echelons of FIAT India, viz., Rajeev Kapoor, Ravi Bhatia and Mangesh Kodalkar apart from others requesting them to treat this as 'one-time exceptional special gesture' and they just did it!
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2011
  7. As far as road conditions Brazil has even worse roads than india
  8. Narayan

Narayan Regolare

Chennai
    Thanks Ravi.
  9. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Count me in Guys, Had went to get the wheels Balanced as my ODO was close to 20K. The chap at Lal's informed me that two alloys are bent and there is no point in Balancing them. Two other alloys were perfect, so had changed them into the Front wheels and the bent one's to the rear wheels. I was offered 8k for all the alloys for a buy back and was offered 100 PCD Apollo Alloys for 12K. Never heard of Apollo Alloys though, So called it a day and told him I'll let you know.

I'm going to take opinion from another tyre shop tomorrow and check if the previous chaps quote was right. I'm in dilemma as to probably claim Insurance for both the alloys and change to OE alloys or change to Non OE alloys. My only worry would be how Fiat reacts during a suspension related warranty queries, Wouldn't changing/upgrading tire sizes and rims void warranty. Attaching picture of the alloy I was offered.

DSC_0409.jpg
  10. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Although off topic, but 8k is pretty low. If you go back to him after selling ,he wouldn't even recognise you if you say you wanna buy them back for 8k. :p

If you stick to 15", there aren't gonna be any issues. Although i regularly see Puntos sporting 17" here in Chandigarh. But they're not worth it.

Gurjinder.