1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Did you face(d) issue with stock FIAT alloy - bend/crack?

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by gvm, Jun 18, 2011.

Did you face(d) issue with stock FIAT alloy - bend/crack?

1. Yes, I am facing issue with stock alloy

2. No, I am not facing any issue with stock alloy

Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

I have been driving from the past four decades. My driving style has only mellowed down as I aged. But, this was the first time [I wish this was the last time too] I faced with the bent alloys issue. I drive my Linea kindlier than I did her predecessors. I had driven my previous vehicles with steel rims for about 1.5 lakh km, but nothing happened in spite of driven over the worst road stretches with potholes and craters. Imported FIAT alloys could not withstand the onslaught of tough Indian roads, IMO.
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2011
  2. gvm
    please post a full pic of the rim when it is removed. also post a pic trom the side showing the gap between the tyre and the rim.
    i feel the bend is not that big in this video. try balancing the wheel and see..
  3. maverick

maverick Amatore

The response I got from FIAT is given below

Dear Sir ,

Thank you for your communication & query.

Please be informed, any external impact (accident) that affects any part of vehicle is not covered under warranty policy.

We request you to get the job done under insurance.

Mangesh Kodalkar
    Customer Services
    Linea & Grande Punto
  4. tough luck maverick.
    there are 2 options left now:
    1) get the rim repaired somewhere
    2) get a new wheel(claim insurance)

there are a few shops in mumbai who are selling single wheel also.
    cyberdoctorind got one wheel through the same.

original fiat punto wheel.5500 it costed him.

take care with the balancing part after the repair is done.
  5. maverick

maverick Amatore

I am claiming insurance, don't want to take a risk with my beauty. Mar car has run 4200kms, so have booked for 1st service with Concorde Motors, Kochi on 25th June. I will get the new alloy and tyre along with the service. The wheel alignment / balancing will be done at the same time.
  6. way to go maverick.
    take care. all the best
  7. FIAT has not cared to reply my question to confirm that wobbling issue I am facing is due to alloy bend and this will go off on replacing alloy and tyre. I don't want to spend 35k+ and find out the wobbling issue is due to some other factor (had my car parked at service centre for 2.5 weeks during their inspection and I specifically asked to check wobbling issue with good set of rims and tyres).

Despite reminder mails, no response – pathetic!
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2011
  8. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Had seen a Black t-jet in prerana motors, Hosur road. It had a badly damaged left rear alloy, but was surprised to see that they didn't even inform the owner.
    The owner is a member in tbhp but I don't know whether he's a part of teamfiat or not. Posting a picture of his car.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2011
  9. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

I reported in my older post that at speeds of 70 kmph my punto wobbles, after 80kmph its smooth.

When I drove between Jaipur to Goa, on Ahmedabad to Baroda express way i was at speeds of 140kmph, the wobble appeared again. so 70+70=140 and at these point the car wobbles

Met with Mangesh during free checkup camp at Pandit Auto Pune, explained the issue, he suggested to change tyre inside out and observe

before i started from Jaipur, the wheels were balanced, and alignment was checked as well.

Going by the posts it appears its an issue.. I remember Kedar from Pune faced this issue.

what do you suggest? should I go with tyre inside out? is there any harm in doing so?
  10. cubbie sir

sir get the bushes in the suspension checked.
    also i did not understand what inside out means.
    can you please clarify?

is the wheel circular or has any small bend of sort?