1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Dhingra Motors Gurgaon unethically charges Rs10000 as interest, details on pg14

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by speedJet, Oct 15, 2011.

1. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    Your other option is to look for a used TJet. I guess there was one for sale in Chennai, listed on TBHP Classifieds. It was about an year old and at a good price too. Check that out.
  2. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    That ad was given by Sathya_sc [he is a member in TFI too]. In another post, he mentioned that he removed it as he wanted to keep T-Jet for another 3 to 4 years. This is his post.
  3. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    From the looks of it, FIAT India is not going to survive that long. Who would provide warranty then ?
  4. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    DJ --> I am not looking for a pre-owned TJet. As far as I remember there was one availabe in Bombay also around a month back (do not remember the website though)

Yes, it was Sathya_sc's. He has some really nice snaps in his ownership thread

Hoepfully Fiat can easily survive on its engine basis and export operations. But I would not want to count on warranty even before buying the car

I have started wondering nowadays, that is the TJet worth so much of trouble even before buying it - reminds me about the post of member gemithomas who said that one shall try many times and then finally wonder if the gains of owning a Fiat are worth so much of trouble
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2011
  5. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    Exactly. When you purchase a car, you count on the QC department having done its work & not to wait for warranty to kick in.

I feel your anguish. But the truth is TJet is the best car in its segment. Period. Only if FIAT can get its house in order....
  6. mescotc

mescotc Amatore

Boisar , Tarapur
    Speedjet,

Just reject the car for the paint probs. and ask for another one , afterall you are buying a new car & should not settle for anything less! The satisfaction of buying a new car is most imp.
    Asking for discounts on a new car for to compensate the paint problems is not a right idea, as you will always have a feeling in your mind that I've got something inferior , that will literally kill you each time when you have this thought in your mind.

Atul
  7. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Yes the TJet is the best car in its segment and that is why I had decided on it. There is no other car in Rs 10 lac that offers so much.

Atul, I have already rejected the car and I am not trying to negotiate.
    I spoke with the dealer again today and told him that there is no way I am going to accept the allotted car. I have requested him again for a replacement.
  8. mescotc

mescotc Amatore

Boisar , Tarapur
    @Speedjet,

Thats it , insist on the same & make sure you get a car of ur Dreams!

If we stick on the quality norms , they will have to improve.

Good job & all the best!

Atul
  9. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    I dont want to be impolite here, but please do your background research before making such comments.

Fiat is the largest automobile manufacturer of Italy. It will not wrap up so easily. Most of the problems/issues that Fiat owners in India have encountered are due to handling and NOT manufacturing. Point to be noted here is that distribution/handling node of Fiat is managed by Tata. So essentially, it's the latter that has to be blamed, or better still, the faulty JV structuring.

Your statement is akin to saying that Reliance will shut down it's oil business becuase it's petrol pumps did not do well.

FYI - Fiat Diesel engine was the one used in Swift and that's what made it a runaway success.
    A simple test - go and test drive the competitors (if you can call them!) to the TJet i.e. Fluidic Verna, Vento, ANHC. If you come back satisfied, go ahead and buy that car.

I have TD'ed all the above multiple times and NONE could come even *this* close to the TJet experience - be it engine (the best petrol engine ever), features (fully loaded at that price), looks (subjective, but I love it), handling (legendary Fiat handling) and the overall driving experience.

I have said it before, and I'll say it again now - the BEST part about TJet is the turbo charged engine and all other features of the package are purely icing on the cake. On the contrary, all other cars of this segment have to market the car on the basis of it's features (looks / gizmos / packaging etc) as they can never match the Fiat engine. That makes me wonder - would an enthusiast buy that car? I certainly dont think so!

At the end of the day, you define the limits that you are going to endure in order to achieve the car of your dreams. Yes I agree rust is a deal breaker for you, but then again, have you explore other options such as - buying from a neighbouring state or putting direct pressure on Fiat officials etc? If you really want to own a new Tjet, and are not happy with all 3 cars that you PDI'ed, then I guess you HAVE to take that extra pain to make it work na?
  10. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    I think you probably got me wrong. I have test driven all vehicles except Verna (which I am not interested at all in buying). I still hold the old Fiesta in a very high regard except for its aging looks

I have interacted with many dealers in Noida, Delhi and Gurgaon - most dealers want the booking amount first and then they would show the car even if it is already standing with them. Paying the booking amount before seeing the car is something I do not want to do as all the cars are old (May manufacture is not available as per my knowledge) and similar issues may be present. If things do not work with the current dealer then I think the best bet for me is to wait for January and buy a fresh manufactured TJet without any discounts.

As far as getting car from other states goes, I do not think that it is that simple. There are sales tax and VAT issues involved. For any new car that moves between states the sales tax has to be paid again in the new state (I have changed cities/states multiple times and learnt this the hard way). So I do not have any other option but to stick with the NCR region.