1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Dhingra Motors Gurgaon unethically charges Rs10000 as interest, details on pg14

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by speedJet, Oct 15, 2011.

1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Kedar bhai , most enthusiasts agree that Ford do know how to build cars that handle well. And the 1.6 was one of those cars.

That said , i'm sure the Jet will run circles around the Fiesta 1.6 on a track.
  2. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    As of now it seems that it is take the TJet+ in the condition that it is (as per everyone including dealer and manufacturer there are no issues in the car) or leave it. I shall update once I have more details
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Italia-Linea, I too faced similar kind of situation but managed to get a replacement car after prolonged discussion with various people at Fiat and Tata motors. The problem is that Fiat do not have any control over the distribution of cars. It is undertaken by Tata Motors as per the JV. Once the cars are manufactured, the inventory is passed on to Tata Motors officials who manage the distribution. It is them who have the attitude of "Take it or Leave it". I realised this after talking with one of the Higher official of Tata Motors.

---------- Post added at 11:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 AM ----------

One of my friend booked Linea MJD Emotion last saturday and today he got the VIN. It ends with dmz :(. Yes, its manufactured in April 2011. When I enquired with the dealer they are helpless saying that this is the one that got allotted after the billing. They also told me that Fiat has stopped manufacturing Linea and they are just clearing the stocks they have. He also told that they have some information on Linea facelift in January but not confirmed.
  4. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Ramesh you were very lucky to get a replacement. I am struggling and at the moment replacement does not seem to be possible. However, in my case I am not sure who is to blame for all this as the car was in a bad shape at arrival timeWhat is the use of all technology in the world if the quality is not ensured either by the workers or in the warehouse or by the transporter or bythe dealer. All I know is that in the end the customer (me) is loosing and the Fiat brand image is also suffering because of all this. There are very few customers like us who go for a Fiat and they are also ill-treated by everyone
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    speedjet, I could understand your plight. But, do remember that you will not get the fun of T-Jet in any other car in this budget range. Why don't ask for a different color if you are not too much particular about a color? You can impose the replacement by doing this.
  6. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

@SpeedJet- One thing is for sure that Fiat's cars are prone to rust. My car has suffered from rust very badly and I am not the only one here. Vijyant's Punto, Aneesh's 90 HP, Sounder's Punto and another yellow Punto (Color changed in ABS Gurgaon at the time of whole body paint due to rust only). Not only this, I've seen a brand new Punto in Oberoi Cars Noida which was infected badly. This was a display car. List doesn’t last here.

At the same time, I found Fiat to be honest and helpful in my case and gave approvals for best treatment under warranty on my car. But, bad luck is that treatment takes place in TASCs where these monkeys almost make sure that your vehicle will face quality & finishing issues.

My suggestion is to keep away from just kind of rusted car because if treatment takes place it’s a real pain and after that you'll lose originality for sure.
    Better to control your heart and cancel the booking. At the same time ask dealer to show booking cancellation terms and conditions where you had signed. I think cancellation amount should be very less like 3K or small percentage etc. I am very much sure that cancellation charges will take place only if customer cancels booking just for his own wish. In your case, you are not going to cancel booking because of your own wish. You are canceling booking because vehicle is not fit properly.

T-Jet is very good car. Check with other dealers and ask them for a 100% fit T-Jet.

BTW, which dealer is it?
  7. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Other colors are Feb or Mar manufactured. I am not comfortable going for a 7-8 month old vehicle. Dealer/TATA regional manager shall not place a new order for the latest car

Nitin -> I have decided to stay away from the rusted car. I will visit the dealer once I get some time from office work to decide on the next steps.
    As per my knowledge, most dealers have received Feb-Mar TJEt+ in the past month. Hence going to the other dealer may not help in getting the latest manufactured (which happens to be May) vehicle.
  8. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    @Speedjet - as of now you have 3 choices:
    1. Opt for a change in color and continue with the Jet. Of course, you have to ignore some minor niggles. Or to put it in a different way, list down the factors which are deal breakers and some which you can live with.

2. Change the dealer. I strongly suspect your dealer is trying to push you this car purely because it has been invoiced to him. Search with other dealers for a 'newer' model, do the PDI and book the one you are satisfied with. Of course, Point 1 kicks in here. So remember to look for just the deal breakers, and not ALL niggles. Trust me, the Pareto Principle (80-20 rule) would work best when applied to Fiat.

3. Cancel the Jet booking and opt for Verna/Vento/ANHC/Fiesta because you'll get a latest month manufactured car in any of these companies. However, the more you wait, the older is any Jet going to become because there have not been any more Jets manufactured after May 31, 2011.

Please remember that Fiat has a 50 month anti-corrosion warranty on the Jet. Also, from my discussions with fellow TJet owners, I found out that we are a preferred lot, as this is the flagship model of Fiat in India. So workshops (NOT dealers) give a slightly preferential treatment. And most dealers are kind-of cooperative when it comes to re-painting / repairing small niggles.
  9. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Are you talking about Ford Fiesta 1.6 S Blue color? Do you have technical specification of that car. Though it is powerful but it does not have Turbo and Tjets + point is Turbo Charged Petrol Engine which is ghee mein shakkar.
  10. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    DJ --> replies in bold

Kedar, I do not have the specs handy with me at the moment. I will post it once I get hold of them
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2011