1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Dhingra Motors Gurgaon unethically charges Rs10000 as interest, details on pg14

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by speedJet, Oct 15, 2011.

1. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    SpeedJet, I really admire your passion for this car. To be honost, not sure whether I would have stayed put with my decision to buy the car if faced with such challenges. Hats Off to you man!!
  2. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    I like the Jet a lot and hence want to give it my hundred percent before calling it quits. Hence I am trying my best to stay put and get the car.

I have written to multiple people in Fiat, but no luck till now.
  3. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    I went to the dealership just now and submitted the vehicle rejection and replacement request letter with the sales guy.

Also, I got a chance to meet the local regional manager who is responsible for distibution of cars in Gurgaon. I explained to him all issues, he replied that as far as he knows there is no issue in the car. I showed him the snaps, he then said sir all this can be easily rectified. He then gave an example of one of his friends who encountered rust after buying a Honda Accord. I told him that since I have already seen defects/issues in the car I do not want to go for it. He said sir why dont you talk with the regional service manager. I told him clearly that I want a replacement and nothing else. He then replied "I am not going to help you". Then he changed the statement to "I am unable to help you for this dealership. The car and the color you have bought is a very slow moving color. Till the time this car is not liquidated (sold), I cannot help you. You can go to some other dealership and book the car if you want. There are 14 dealerships in NCR, you should try them". This is the same guy whom I had spoken to before making the booking - he had conivinced me that all cars are stored in a covered area in Ranjangaon. He had also told me that if there is an issue in the car I can reject it. Well now its a totally different behavior and statement from him.

I am waiting for response from Fiat, I shall decide on the cancellation if I do not hear from them. However, nobody from Fiat seems to be interested in replying to my mails :eek:

Appears that if I am lucky I may loose only some money. If I am unlucky I may loose the entire 50K amount as these guys are all local guys around here with a lot of influence:(
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2011
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Strange behavior of regional manager and stupid to say since Honda Accord had it so its acceptable in Linea.

I would strongly suggest to looks for any other dealer, otherwise look for other car. These stupids doesn't want to sell cars.
  5. Just cancel and move onto another car company like Honda, VW. In my opinion Fiat/dealers are not interested in selling their cars. I feel that my Palio was so much better in terms of fit finish and quality of parts as compared to my Linea. The other day the LHS mirror housing just broke off when I tried to close it. Since it's broken, I have to replace it myself and not covered under warranty. This is the quality of plastics which are used now. I have rusting in boot section, power window replaced, A/C conked off, CSC changed, beadings coming off and what have you.
  6. DOT

DOT Timido

Bangalore
    Time to replace it with VW or Honda.:D
  7. Good Effort Speedjet...Don't worry. They will have to return your 50,000/- :) they cannot run away like this...
  8. anoop

anoop Superiore

These guys need to learn about customer service. Why do not you try to escalate this matter also? Not sure it will help, but try to get a phone number and try talking to a senior person and then sent a mail.

Push for the cancellation and try another dealer.
  9. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Yes it was stupid of him to say this. He was saying that there is no mechanical issue, why are you worrying? Give us a chance to correct everything. Going to another dealer shall not help if I book the same color (as he is the Gurgaon distributor the same car shall show up at other dealer). Looks like this time if things do not work out, I shall have to give up on Fiat. I shall wait for a few more days before I decide to cancel

Some of these dealers do not know how to deal with corporate customers and are not that interested in selling the car

Well, I am hoping for the best

I have already sent email to Mangesh and CEO Rajeev Kapoor. Initial response was there from Mangesh, but after I asked for a replacement no one is replying
  10. Torpedo

Torpedo Amatore

Bangalore
    What is the cancellation policy? Usually at most dealers it will be something like 2K loss and the rest they have to refund. At this point with all that you have gone through, I feel you must cancel and go to another dealer else you will have that dark cloud hovering over your head if you pick the same car - and believe me the Tjet is one lovely car and you don't want to ruin your experience with that a bad after taste. At the same time, I wouldn't recommend you change to another brand since I can see you really are in love with the jet even before buying it :) Push the dealer a little more, I think there is some penalty the dealer needs to pay to Fiat for cancellations but that's it, they cannot force you to buy it.

In my case I couldn't cancel because of the clause on the Aug contest. I was given a Feb 2011 car when buying in August, was hesitating to pick it up. But when I saw the Tuscan Wine beauty , I just went ahead and did a thorough PDI and have no serious complains until now, just the minor niggles that comes standard with Fiat ;)

Good luck !
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2011