1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Dhingra Motors Gurgaon unethically charges Rs10000 as interest, details on pg14

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by speedJet, Oct 15, 2011.

1. If I was in your position I wont take this car for few simple reasons :
    1.I am spending 7.5+ lk for a new car and I expect the car to satisfy me atleast 95 % (forget 100%) without this rust / dimples etc ..
    and this reason mainly ...
    2.The boot was not opening. The hydraulic attached to the boot broke down with a large noise
    Come on ... I cnat expect this to happen to my new car even before delivery...
  2. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    Yes. I would go with Cuty Red. Ask for a another car. Purchasing a car is something that you should never regret later. So sit / think and then decide.
  3. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    The only reason that I can think of is that the car has been standing in the open - this explains all the paint and rust issues. The paint quality on some of the areas was not good, I could see black speckles on the boot lid (this after the dealer had polished the car). Regarding the dimple I am not aware why it should be there. It could be due to carelessness in transit.

Regarding option 1, I had already emailed Fiat about the condition of the car.

I would not like to go for option 2. I am trying for option 3, however the chances are very glim

Yes, it was stored in the open. There were rusts at other places also for which I do not have snaps. If you take a look at the snap I have posted there is rust beneath the bolt also

Yes, I am going to try for a replacement as I do not want a car which has been standing in the open for around 4 months

---------- Post added at 05:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:33 PM ----------

I agree with you Srini, I am asking for a replacement but dealer has made it clear that it is very difficult to get a replacement. If I do not get a replacement I shall have to opt out of TJet, something that I do not want to do as I like the TJet very much
  4. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    [/COLOR]

I agree with you Srini, I am asking for a replacement but dealer has made it clear that it is very difficult to get a replacement. If I do not get a replacement I shall have to opt out of TJet, something that I do not want to do as I like the TJet very much[/QUOTE]

Cant you try another dealer insome other area? Even in the nearby states. They are bound to have one or two vehicle. You can do a temporary registration and register it later in you city.
  5. anoop

anoop Superiore

@speedJet: I am not sure what all is covered under the paint warranty - will check the book. 3M can take care of lot of paint blemishes, but if the paint have been chipped off, I do not think it can be rectified unless the chip off is very small.

To check the tyres, see if they have those small rubber hairs on them - they should have them on a new tyre. Try asking for a replacement of the tyres - they are already 1 year old. Not sure the dealer will agree, but no harm in trying your luck.

About the dimple in boot and boot not opening - they are simply not acceptable. Try mailing \ calling up to FIAT - Try to get mail ID \ Phone no of some higher ups in FIAT and take up the issue with them.
  6. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    Maybe this would help? http://www.teamfiat.co.in/forum/showthread.php?7-Fiat-India-Contact-List

---------- Post added at 10:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 AM ----------

I completely agree with Anoop here. If you are not able to get a replacement car, and you HAVE to accept this one only, then ask the dealer for a touch up / repaint and get 3M paint treatment get done at your own expense outside.

Anoop is right on the rubber hair part. But then, those hair wear out upon driving, not due to age. So even if your tires are 1 year old, they should have the hair.

I'm completely against the dimple in boot and the boot not opening issue. See if you can threaten the dealer to cancel the booking. Pick up a few names from the Fiat Contact list thread and try name dropping.

---------- Post added at 10:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 AM ----------

Cuty - its 9.5 lacs+ if I'm not mistaken!
  7. @ dj.nish Cuty - its 9.5 lacs+ if I'm not mistaken![/QUOTE]

Sorry for that typo.. You are absolutely rite.. I didnt saw that he was mentioning about TJet .. I saw the pics and got furious .... My eyes can see only Punto and Heart beats punto punto .. so that confusion :)
  8. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    I have decided to not take delivery of this car. If I am provided with a replacement I shall take it. I have already written to Mangesh, will write to others also. The dealer has received some TJets which are Feb/Mar manufactured and of a different color. I do not want a car which is around 8-9 months old and also the color is not of my choice.

DJ --> I do not want to accept this car and I will try for a replacement. It is so strange that the best car from the Fiat stable has not been kept properly.
  9. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    I know how you must be feeling. But what's the dealer's attitude?

Also, do give the issues a good thought in terms of how important they are as 'deal breakers'. Ultimately, you are the only one who has seen them with your eyes. No matter how much inputs all of us provide on this forum, it's your vehicle and your money. You need to be really sure of accepting/cancelling.

Even I have my grouses against Fiat for not marketing and maintaining the brand image of their cars, and more specifically, TJet. Given the massive price discounts this season, I was really hoping the sales to rocket. I mean, it's easily the best car by any measure - engine, features, accessories etc. on the market which is available for under 10 lacs. And having considered and test driven Fluidic Verna, Vento and City, I can confidently say that people who did not opt for the TJet *really* do not know what they missed!
  10. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Sales guy is very tense. Dealer's attitude till now is take it or leave it. However, the moment I ask for cancellation things could become worse - my 50K is blocked with them.

As far as the discounts go, I would still trade it in for a freshly manufactured car. Unfortunately fresh cars are not available

About deal breakers - it is not visual things that I am worried about. My concern is that there is rust and also paint chipping off exposing the metal part. The rust is similar to what ramjn had shown in his PDI thread. Moreover the boot hinge broke and there was a dimple on the boot

TJet+ is a very good model and there is no doubt about it (and that is why I want it). However, why should I take a car which has basic quality issues even before delivery (and these are such issues that may cause damage sooner)? I have tried my best to buy the TJet+ and in case Fiat does not provide me a good car I shall cancel the booking.