1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Dhingra Motors Gurgaon unethically charges Rs10000 as interest, details on pg14

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by speedJet, Oct 15, 2011.

1. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    Im smelling some rat here.That bumper alignment and paint scrapping off only happens if work is carried on the bumper i.e accidental work!! I really wouldnt accept such a car,push the dealer to get a new one.
  2. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Srini --> The tyres are of the second week of January. How do I check for the tyre wear and tear?

Pioneeraaron --> There was hardly anytime left between the car being offloaded and me taking a look. Also the ODO barely had any kms on it. So I rule out any foul play on the dealer part when I took a look (he would probably touch it up when I go for PDI on 16th). It anything has happened, it has probably happened at the FIAT warehouse.
  3. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    First of all hearty congrats for buying a TJET.

Well the pictures you posted definitely show that the car was stored carelessly within the plant and some test drivers / transport drivers have messed a bit with the car.

the first pic shows the paint chipped off where it shouldnt be. i mean its hard to chip paint from the rear quarter panel.

secondly apart from what you have marked i can see more which i have marked.

Sorry to say that i can see the enthu you are having of grabbing the TJET :) but you should ask the FIAT folks about these problems. you need to question them why the paint has been chipped and take the benefit of asking for another car.

second thing how did you find the interiors? were plastics there on the dash and seats and other parts? check the underbody for rusts too.

keep the enthu aside as its showing only positive things in the car. inspect it critically and be damn sure things are in place. dont let them register the car in your name till you show the green signal.

IMG_0023.jpg
  4. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Please see my response in bold

5. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    My 2 cents here:

1. The paint is chipped at the wrong places. From the spots you have marked, it seems that either the car was stored or handled improperly.

2. The bumper paint chip off is not called for. It seems the bumper was reattached? However, I could not see any alignment issues from the pic. Can you reconfirm this please?

for both the above points, first ask the dealer if he is willing to replace the car. If not, move to repainting it as an option (although I would not recommednd that - but just in case you are hell bent on getting this very colour).

The dealer would surely push for touch up as it does not cost him anything and he gets to save his face. One the car is dispatched from Ranjangaon, it is temporarily invoiced to the dealer and they make sure it sells, otherwise it's a long drawn process (not to mention costly) to send it back to factory.

3. H14 on the odo is perfect. Chances of this being an accidental vehicle are very slim, almost non-existent, since odo clearly shows H14. However, one cannot rule out mis-handling in the factory/plant/loading in trailer etc.

4. What's the date coding on the tyres? The format for GY NCT5 is WWYY. You can push the dealer for newer tyres, although I had a difficult time explaining to him the concept. Nonetheless, I was intending to change the tires upon delivery so this point became irrelevant for me.

5. Minor rust on the hydraulic jacks can be treated with WD 40. How much is the affected area?
    I beg to differ. Fiat definitely has a great paint booth and even to the naked eye, the paint is way better than Maruti, Hyundai and Mahindra. Fiat is equivalent to Honda and Toyota and only VW seems better.
    Even I remember having read in the user manual that paint protection warranty is for 4/5 years. Will check tomorrow and revert. However, this just corroborates my earlier point - Fiat has a great paint booth. I know of only VW which provides a 6 year anti perforation warranty.
    Fiat DEFINITELY uses Goodyears on Lineas (specifically TJets). Even my May mfg TJet+ was delivered with GY NCT5.
    +1. That should be your first step. However, do go for a detailed PDI and if possible, in bright sunlight to detect paint mis-matches. FTA is a unique color. God forbid, if there has been some accidental work/paint chip off on this car, it will be revealed in light only.
  6. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Thanks for your reply

7. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Rust under the bonnet in the TJet

I got a chance to take a look at the car today. Following are the highligths:

1. There was rust under the bonnet
    - A couple of screws had rust on them (please see attached snap)
    - The iron ring on the pipe coming from the engine was rusted

2. The boot was not opening. The hydraulic attached to the boot broke down with a large noise

3. Metal part was exposed from the paint that was chipped from under the boot

4. Some minor touch ups were done to the bumper.

5. There was a dimple on the boot

The dealer is co-operative till now but he shall not provide a replacement. So the only option for me is to either take the car or cancel the booking. I need opinion from everyone if it I should take this car - my own opinion is that there are paint and rust issues and it is not something that can be ignored.

I had taken my wife and friend along and everyone of us was disappointed with the rust. Is this the best quality that Fiat can provide to their flagship model? I am appalled at the QC of Fiat

IMG_0101RustedNutUnderBonnet.jpg
  8. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    the rust on nut bolt and the hose pipe clips is fine, but if there are touch ups on bumper and dimple on boot you should ask yourself and fiat why it has happened.

Option 1. Email or have the dealer call FIAT Ranjangaon/ Mumbai head office people asking them questions about this touched up paints and rusted car.

Option 2. If rest all things are damn new and you are damn sure there is no foul play in the car, ask for big discount and repainting of bumpers and other parts.

Option 3. Ask for new car and tell them you are ready to wait if FIAT can identify other good car in their yard and send it to you.

while PDI did you remove the oil dip stick and check the color of the oil? if it has been used by disconnecting the speedo you can make it out by this way. if its black, its driven a lot before.
  9. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    I doubt if odo disconnection is really possible in Fiat cars? If it was, then what's the logic of providing the 'H' for the first 200 kms?
  10. seems like that was stored outside in the yard..
    not much of a problem in the bumpers as plastics dont hold paint that well..sometimes it gets off it
    But be sure that there are no rusts in the joints of body