1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Dhingra Motors Gurgaon unethically charges Rs10000 as interest, details on pg14

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by speedJet, Oct 15, 2011.

1. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Of course. FIAT should accept rejection if the vehicle was shipped from the factory with rust. What would happen to such vehicle 2 years down the line isn't hard to guess if it was already rusted at the time of unloading at the dealership.

There is one ONE BAD DOING BY FIAT right now. The number of cars shipped flawless or "delivered" flawless to the customers are lower than I expect. Whats worse is that 99% of the flaws could have been spotted easily with a proper PDI. e.g. Loose Link rod, disconnected pipe, rust etc.

FIAT makes cars that are much safer, much more fuel efficient, much more fun to drive as compared to other cars in the respective segment. Their cars are master of all trades, but servant of one (poor TATA).
  2. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    I have not been lucky till now. Lets see how it goes further

Thanks Jotinder. I shall keep you posted.

Aaron, I shall get in touch with Jotinder if needed. I have written to almost all top guys in Fiat. I am waiting for their response and shall decide based on their response.
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2011
  3. Jotinder

Jotinder Regolare

New Delhi
    Linea 1.3
    PaddleShifter, i totally agree with you on this one. Just to finish inventory does not mean that QC should take hit. Most of these problem if sorted at factory itself before shipping would make the customer very happy and would not give Fiat such a bad name. Also Dealer cant do much if the car is shipped in this shape. I think the fault is with Fiat on this one.

P.S : I dont agree with what dealer did to SpeedJet above, he should have returned complete money as the car was not in perfect shape before delivery.

---------- Post added at 08:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 AM ----------

Speedjet, just because one dealer is bad, does not mean that you should not get your dream car. I have been driving Linea for more than 1 year and i would not change it for anything. The drive is AMAZING and i do 500+KM run in a day very frequently as my brother is posted at Pathankot and i go to his place very frequently. I have driven many cars, but the fun you get out of Linea is Amazing. Car dynamics are one of the best in India.

My only advice to you is that, if you love Linea dont change your heart or else you will always regret this. But in the end its your choice.

Any help you need dont hesitate to ask, thats what we at TFI are there for.
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  4. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Yashik, very well said. As mentioned earlier by me, the problem for me can be broken into 2 parts:
    1) A rusted Linea TJet+ delivered to the dealer. The PDI engineers at Ranjangaon (do not know if they are Tata or Fiat or both) do a very poor job. They say "There is no mechanical or enhine issue about the car. Why are you fussy about paint or rust which is a very small thing?". Well all I can say is I would like to see these people put in Rs 10 lacs on such a car - I am sure they will not put down the money (people bargain and check the quality of even a Rs 15000 mobile before buying)
    2) Dealer misbehaving and deducting the money from my booking amount because the car is left unsold.

Jotinder, it is not about 1 dealer - most of the dealers in NCR do not know how to deal with a customer. Those who do know how to treat the customer, do not have a May/June 2011 manufactured TJet+ available (I do not want an earlier vehicle).

As you have very rightly mentioned and agreed with Yashik that there are quality and PDI issues in brand new car. Whichever dealer I go to shall demand a booking amount first. He shall then show the car to me. Suppose he does not have the car, he shall have to get it from Ranjangaon or from some other dealer (yes, some of the NCR dealers do this stuff). In case the car is ordered from Ranjangaon and it has issues, I shall again have to bear the cancellation charges. The cancellation misery is not just financial part, but the family has to suffer. My wife and parents were expecting the car to come home on Diwali and then all this happened. I gave enough time to Fiat and dealer to get me replacement. Surprisingly neither dealer or Tata RSM was interested in resolving this.

The other point is that since all TJets were last manufactured in May/June they have been standing in the open (rain, dust, sunlight and bird shit) since 6 months now. There is bound to be some issue with the car if a proper PDI before putting in the car for transit from Ranjangaon is not done

I have yet not ruled out the TJet+ - if I get hold of a good piece I shall buy one. But this time I take the car on my own conditions - in case no dealer is willing to match my conditions I will not buy the TJet+ and probably move to some other brand
  5. Jotinder

Jotinder Regolare

New Delhi
    Linea 1.3
    Speedjet : Last time when i went to my friend Showroom last month he had one Bronzo Scuro color TJet in Showroom in Mint condition. I dont know it manufactured date, but man was it a beauty. I am out of town right now on a trip to Dalhousie, Mcloed Ganj, Dharamshala etc. Let me come back, i will try to do something for you. Also if possible please ping me your Number.
  6. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    Speedjet - All the TJets that I have seen at Concorde Motors, Mumbai were in excellent condition, at least on a superficial PDI level. Then again, I'm sure you had your reasons to reject the 3 cars that you PDI'ed.

I feel if you are really hell bent on buying a Tjet, but at the same time you feel ALL dealers in NCR are as bad as Dhingra, then I guess your only recourse is to buy from another state and get it to Delhi on temp registration. I dont think you have even explored that option. Speak to an RTO agent and check it's feasibility. I see so many non-MH cars in Mumbai everyday and it's just increasing. So I'm sure such a thing exists in NCR too.
  7. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Nishant, I have rejected this car in a PDI. The other car that was shown to me was without an H on the ODO and had a lot of scratches - I did not do a booking of that car
  8. Jotinder

Jotinder Regolare

New Delhi
    Linea 1.3
    dj.nish-speedjet is based already in Gurgaon, which is part of Haryana. Also registration in haryana is cheaper. I saved 50,000+ by registering my car in haryana instead of Delhi when i bought my car. Also the reason you see lot of Chandigarh Registered luxury car in Mumbai is due to the fact some time back car registration in chandigarh was i think Rs2500 flat for any car and it is still very cheap to register in chandigarh than mumbai or delhi.

---------- Post added at 01:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 PM ----------

Speedjet, i think it will be better for you now to wait for 2012 Tjet, as there will cosmetic changes and interior change also, which should make it a even better car. Also you will be getting a newly manufactured car.
  9. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Well I am waiting for the response first. As of now no updates from any senior offiicial. Time for some quick reminders
  10. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    I have written to and spoken with some very senior officials. I am still waiting for an update from them. Hopefully I shall get a response and be able to move ahead with the car of my dreams - the TJet