1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Dhingra Motors Gurgaon unethically charges Rs10000 as interest, details on pg14

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by speedJet, Oct 15, 2011.

1. abk1980

abk1980 Amatore

Mumbai
    Hi Speedjet, my 2 cents on this:

1. Most dealerships have some cancellation charge, as others have also pointed out. I had booked my car initially at Bharati Auto (now closed). They specified a 10k cancellation charge. But when the Tata RSM told me of some problems with the dealership and requested me to transfer my booking to another dealer, I was not charged anything when I cancelled.

2. Whatever may be the cancellation charge, if the car offered is defective, the dealership loses this right.
    - I think you made a strategic mistake and left yourself at the dealership/Tata's mercy by not specifying the problems with the car as the reason for cancellation. Now you may not have any legal standing to claim anything. I presume that the dealer was trying to bully you knowing that he had no locus standi, till you gave in and removed the reason part. Looks like, as you said, the Tata RSM was hand-in-glove with the dealer all along.

Do let us know what responses you get from FIAPL. I hope they have been following this thread.
  2. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    I agree with most of you that Fiat will not respond. In case I decide to go the legal way, I have enough proof to prove that these people were on the wrong side. It appears that everyone (Tata, Fiat and dealers) are not interested in selling the flagship Fiat model and I was hell bent to buy it till now. But as most of you have recommended - I think it is better that I look beyond the TJet+ - enough patience on my part to try and stick with the TJet+.

My case was different and I should not have been charged cancellation dues. I had submitted the car rejection letter as early as 18th October - it is just that dealer got the upper hand because the Tata RSM was supporting them. Anyways, appears that I should start looking beyond Fiat and TJet+ as nobody from Fiat is interested in replying back to my escalations
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    speedjet, I could understand your agony.

But, why don't you think this way. There are horror stories with almost all manufacturers in India. There is a case of Skoda not returning the car to the customer even after 3 years with the legal battle still on (link - Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court = Car not returned in 3 Years - Team-BHP). I am not trying to justify Fiat. If you are still loving the T-Jet+, I could possibly try to transfer your booking to another dealer to get the 2012 T-Jet+. Fighting any case legally in India is more painful than what you have undergone so far.
  4. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Ramjn, he has had enough. Why throw 10lacs on a Fiat Linea TJet. The thing is not selling at all and on top of that, the engine is imported. It does not make sense to buy this car because now it's clear its a non seller. Would you get nice support for the engine? I don't think so.

Fiat is suffering from poor PDI and QC at factory level. And the only sensible buy from FIAT stable IMO is the MJD variant of Punto because it might get better support because of the number of Punto on roads.

I would say go and get yourself a jack of all trades car like the Fluidic Verna CRDi. Only weak point is suspension and ride quality. You can get the rear suspension modified. Plus its a diesel so would save you money.
    1 person likes this.
  5. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Nobody from FIAPL has responded to my mails since yesterday night. As far as legal goes, I believe I have enough stuff with me

ramjn I still want the TJet+ but it appears that most Tata Motors dealers are not worth it, atleast in NCR. As of now, no dealer has a May/June vehicle I do not want an earlier vehicle. Suppose I decide to wait for the 2012 TJet, then again it would be the same story. The dealer shall ask for 1 lac or 50000 advance to get the TJet+ from the factory. Moreover, the Tata RSM mentioned in this thread would be one of the perons responsible for getting the car from Ranjangaon. Considering what has transpired till now, what is the guarantee that I shall get a good TJet+. If anything goes wrong, who shall standby and provide the support to me - Fiat or Tata. It is very easy for these dealers and RSM to state that the customer is too fussy about quality. As of now I do not think that any of these guys shall support me in case I need the same.

Yashik, I agree that Fiat cars suffer from poor PDI and QC. The bigger question for me is that will Fiat support a buyer who has rejected theiir vehicle for quality issues - atleast the behavior of Mr Anil Rajput suggests otherwise
  6. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    i had been to pandit auto pune today. saw a brand new TJET just bought in. black color. i just inspected superficially and the doors etc.

dont know which month it was, but its was flawless. i just loved it.

i pray you can get such car too.
  7. Jotinder

Jotinder Regolare

New Delhi
    Linea 1.3
    speedJet

If you still want to buy TJet, let me know, i can help you with the same. My friend owns many Showroom and Service center for Tata/Fiat in Haryana, with main Showroom and Service Center in Ambala. I drive down to Ambala(200+Km) for my car Service and any issues. He is a very Genuine guy we studied together in Army School. Service i have recieved till now has been outstanding.
    Can you think of leaving your car at service station with GPS, Pendrive,Cd's etc and even your Suitcases in the car and getting it back without missing anything. I have done that many time with my 2 cars, whenever i go there for service.

Jotinder

Present Cars in Garage :
    Fiat Linea Emotion PK Aug 2010 (27,500 Km)
    Tata Indigo LX Sept 2007 (67,000 Km)
    Maruti 800 Sept 1997 (1,06,400 Km)
  8. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    Hey Jotinder, please feel free to name the service center on the forum. Will definitely help fellow TFI'ans from the surrounding areas. Hope your friend extends the same courtesy and service to fellow Fiat owners as well.
  9. Jotinder

Jotinder Regolare

New Delhi
    Linea 1.3
    Nitin

Name of the service center is Metro Motors. Incase if anybody need help let me know, will be more than happy to help.
  10. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    @speedjet

If Tjet is your dream car then go get it.Jotinder will help you out surely to get ur baby.Why don't u try mailing CEO Mr.Rajeev Kapoor?? His contact can be found in the contacts section.He will definately do something for you.Write a disheartening mail to him as i always do :-D In the meantime get in touch with Jotinder and check how can you get ur Jet.And keep us informed.

@paddleshifter

I dont see much Fluidic's around here in mumbai :)