1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Dhingra Motors Gurgaon unethically charges Rs10000 as interest, details on pg14

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by speedJet, Oct 15, 2011.

1. teky

teky Esperto

This is completely unethical, was there a clear documentation available stating the cancellation charges. I was told about no cancellation charges when I booked my car. I thought about 2k was normal, but this is ridiculous. Did you get a chance to talk to fiat?

All said and done you've shown too much of patience with fiat, even though it's a good car I don't think you should wait anymore for booking another fiat. Go ahead and buy a TSI which has very good offers running or the rapid diesel.

Why this kolaveri on Fiat
  2. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

This is nothing but daylight robbery. I learn that the cancellation charges in Bangalore amount to Rs 2,000 only, and that too, well-documented. Bring it to the notice of higher-ups in Tata Motors and FIAT India with a feeble hope of getting justice.
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2011
  3. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    Thats a load of ****! If the cancellation charges were not specified on the booking amount receipt, they have no right to deduct this amount. These Tata dealers are doing their level best to ensure Fiats don't sell in the market by hounding away even the most loyal customers.

Guess the only recourse is to file a complaint with the consumer court. But you would need documented proof to prove the reasons which led you to cancelling the booking in the first place, rust etc.
  4. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

What happened with speedJet is unethical, simply because dealer cannot charge without it being documented. On top of it, he was forced to change his cancellation letter too.

You should definitely draft a stern worded letter and send it by Registered AD post to Fiat Corporate office in Mumbai/Pune. Sending it to Ranjangaon wont help IMHO. And as I have been mentioning several times in the past, publicize this matter in other forums, tabloids (e.g. Mumbai Mirror etc). These people are hungry for gossip related news anyway. Of course, this is assuming you want to go that extra mile to teach Dhingra Motors a proper lesson. At the end, it's not really about the money but about ethics.

P.S. Just for everyone's knowledge, Concorde Motors (Mumbai) has Rs 10,000 as cancellation charges and this is documented in their price list.
  5. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Since Tata takes care of the distribution, Tata is responsible for me not getting Rs 10000 back. Fairness is the last thing that I have seen in these Tata dealers. They are still doing business the way it was done 10 years back

Yes in the pursuit of TJet many others have faced issues:
    - abhinit90 (TFI member to whom dealer tried selling a Jan vehicle saying it is June manufactured)
    - SandeepMohan (Team-bhp member who got a raw deal from KHT Motors Bangalore)
    - xplorauto (TFI member who finally turned lucky as his dealer provided him a good deal and removed all issues)
    - many more that we would not be aware

I have tried almost everything - took a friend with me and got Tata involved. However somewhere down the line Tata RSM stopped co-operating. Finally I was left with no option but to submit the original receipt and change the cancellation letter as demanded by the GM. When the refund cheque was handed over to me, the dealer took my sign on a so-called printout receipt (they did not give a copy of the same to me) of Rs 40000. I shall get the 10K back only if Fiat intervenes now or I go the legal way. Since distribution is handled by Tata, it does not appear that Fiat can do much about this. I realized that the Tata RSM was in favour of Dhingra Motors throughout this episode

No cancellation charges are mentioned anywhere. Even the cancellation process is not documented. I feel that I have been to the roadside Kirana shop to purchase a car
  6. As I can see there are only two options left now. Frankly neither Tata nor Fiat is going to do anything about it.

The first option is
    1: Take them to a consumer court. However, it seems you don't have any document where they have acknowledged that the car has rust. In case if you do have them then you stand a case or else you don't. Telephone conversations don't stand anywhere. As you have given in the cancellation letter as well. One mistake that I find is that you changed it.

2. Forget the 10k and buy some other car.

I know I might be sounding curt but than lets face the facts here.
    Yes, what happened to you is terrible and feel bad for you but then we need to do something about it. Be prepared for a delayed justice in case if you file a case. It might take around 2 years for the verdict to come out.
  7. Srini

Srini Regolare

@speedjet, Really feel bad about what happened for you. FIAT / TATA does not require this episode with their dismal sales and horror stories prevailing about their Cars. Cancellation charges are genuine and I have seen cancellation clauses / charges indicated inthe booking receipt. However, since you are cancelling due to issues with the car and demanding a new one, it should not be applied to you. My two cents for you would be to forget this and forego your Rs.10K. No point in fighting with these guys since you have given a cancellation letter (changed one) without stating any of the issues with the car. This will not stand by your side in legal proceedings on explaining your intentions.

I would highly recommand NOT TO GO NEAR A FIAT again. Buy another car which appeals to you - not FIAT anymore. The guys do not deserve you!!!
  8. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

You shoul've not signed/accepted the 40k as refund at all and insisted on full refund.You really don't stand a chance anywhere in the legal proceedings too.What you can do is go to the showroom and boo away 3-4 customers in front of them and tell the customers what happened to you and not to buy a car from them and tell them they gave an old rusting car.That will atleast give them a good blow and huge loss too!!

Pray that the showroom burns in hell.. TOTAL LOSS :p
  9. Satyajit

Let's leave ethics aside for now even though how they've been treating you is totally unacceptable and degrading... no 2 ways about that.

Now coming to this issue of refund, I've heard of 5k and 10k being the cancellation charges even here in Mumbai. However, I'm not sure these charges are documented by all dealers in writing. Leaves things open to (mis)interpretation quite often.

When I booked my T-Jet, I had told them I want the entire booking refund in case I reject it during the PDI and I was very adamant about this. The sales manager called me "obstinate" but I did not budge.

This led to the GM of Fortune calling me up to assure me of a total refund in case of issues, and that he was willing to do the PDI with me. We all know how verbal assurances don't have any meaning in this day and age. I was desperate to book the Jet with the discounts at hand then... and I prayed hard for a good car !

Luckily, that scenario did not unfold at all... but had this happened to me, I don't know what would've happened to my money. Perhaps I would've lost 5-10k after all. I believe this is a widely followed norm. Nishant has pointed out that Concorde has a written clause. In such a scenario, it's best to cut your losses and move ahead.

I think your dealers there up North have really done you in. It's unfortunate for a passionate Fiat lover to go through this not once, but thrice. I believe you've ended up losing about 15-20k in all this past year in your 3 attempts to buy the Jet.

Sorry to play devil's advocate here, but I think you also took over a month to cancel. Not that you can be blamed for it. You were giving them all the time to arrange for another one... it's just a sad situation dealing with those thugs.

But bro, I don't think you'd be getting that 10k back... not without exploring other legal options which are time consuming, costly and more mental harassment than anything else. Look at it from the point of view that they did not swallow the entire 50k. I know it sounds harsh, but that's they way it is. They could easily have done so, especially after all the acrimony with both dealer and Fiat.

My advice would be to cut your losses and look at other car options. The market's really opened up now. Otherwise, new Jets are going to be manufactured post April (heard from a source) and not with any significant changes. Changes are to the other Linea models in terms of better interiors and ground clearance for the Multijet.
  10. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Dealer does not have any documented cancellation charge. Fiat and Tata have been in loop. Tata RSM was co-operating but he has stopped responding - he is on the dealers side as he blames Fiat for sending a car which was not upto the mark. This is nothing short of daylight robbery as mentioned by J Ravi

I cancelled because the car had issues. If the car was issueless and I was cancelling then the dealer could have deducted the cancellation amount (provided he has a documented cancellation charge). However in my case the interest charge is not justified.

Tata-Fiat is mum about the refund I do not think I shall get any money unless I go the legal way. Looks like whatever few Fiat fans are left shall be booed away by these dealers and Fiat shall continue watching the play and do nothing about it
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2011