1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Dhingra Motors Gurgaon unethically charges Rs10000 as interest, details on pg14

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by speedJet, Oct 15, 2011.

1. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    If the refund process goes through smoothly from hereon I may still consider the TJet+ (this may sound stupid to some people considering what I have been through). If I incur any losses or I am harassed further during the refund then Fiat/TJet is ruled out
  2. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Lost Rs 10000 in the cancellation of TJet+

I finally got a refund of around Rs 40,000 today after I had submitted the original booking receipt to Mr Sandeep Talwar (GM-Sales, Dhingra Motors). The dealer deducted Rs 10,000 as interest charges for my TJet booking.

In my view this is unethical business because:
    - the car had issues (rust on the car under the bonnet was seen by me, my wife and friend after dealer had done PDI, reference post #17 on http://www.teamfiat.co.in/pre-sales-query/3610-pre-pdied-tjet-inputs-needed-urgently-paint-2.html) and hence I cancelled the same.
    - The dealer does not have any documented cancellation charge.
    Thus, I should not have been charged anything. If at all there was a charge it cannot be more than the official cancellation charge (surprisingly there is no cancellation charge).

I had to take a friend along with me and visit the dealership. As per Mr Sandeep Talwar there was nothing wrong in the car and I was just getting fussy. When my friend pointed out that he was witness to the rust in the car and the dimple in the car, he was shocked and replied that even Mercs and BMW have rust, so whats the big deal. I visited the dealership around 4 times. Each time Mr Talwar would say that he could not talk with the Tata RSM (Mr Atul Sharma) for the cancellation amount and he will tell me the cancellation amount in a couple of days. I mailed Mr Atul Sharma multiple times during this period that I should not be charged anything, but there was no response from him.

Mr Talwar asked me to re-submit the cancellation request mentioning that I am cancelling the booking (the earlier cancellation letter was submitted by me on 13th November mentioned that the car had issues which Mr Talwar was not ready to accept). I had no option but to succumb to the bullying of the dealer and give a new cancellation request which did not carry any details of the bad condition of the car. I handed over the original to the GM-Sales, Mr Sandeep Talwar. Even till the time I submitted the original receipt the GM-Sales Mr Sandeep Talwar was mentioning that he shall try to minimize the cancellation charges after discussion with Tata RSM Mr Atul Sharma.

There were 2 people who could have made a difference:
    - Fiat employee Mr Rajput (I think his full name is Anil Rajput) who does PDI of cars at Ranjangaon before they are sent to dealers: when he called me up before Diwali he agreed that he had seen rust in the car but thought that it is just minor and the dealer would fix it. He asked me to accept an additional 2 years extended warranty and take the car. When I said that I cannot compromise on quality he had the audacity to tell me to cancel the booking and move ahead. If he had got the necessary correction done at Ranjangaon all this could have been avoided
    - Tata RSM Mr Atul Sharma: Support from him could have been better. At the time of booking, he told me that if there is any issue in the car I can reject the car. When I found issues in the car after PDI, he said please change the dealer but he cannot provide the replacement. After I rejected the car (rejection letter submitted around 18th October and escalated to Fiat, he gave me following options:
    a) To pay the entire 9 lac amount for the replacement car. He convinced me that I shall not loose any money if there is an issue in the car
    b) Take 2 years extended warranty and accept the allotted car
    None of the above options were workable for me

Hence I cancelled the booking and lost Rs 10,000 which I should not have lost.
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2011
  3. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    i suggested you to wait for a month so that new models will kick off production.

the dealer cannot charge u cancellation fee. instead he should give you interest on your booking amount.

i would say you should approach a consumer redressal forum. dont let this go so easily.
  4. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    I have just got the amount back today. I had given the dealer and Tata RSM the option to get me the 2012 model (I was ready to wait) but they were not ready.
  5. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    It pains me a great great deal to see a customer suffering particularly when Fiat is not able to sell cars in four-figures.

10,000 penalty on a cancellation of booking and that too because of rusty car?
    I'm shocked to read the response of GM of Dhingra Motors and also that of Fiat & Tata officials.

Can't Fiat have any hold over such dealer? Agreed that the dealer has paid 9-10 lacs for the car & with cancellation, the car will remain unsold for sometime. That means dealer may need to be compensated, if Fiat can not exert pressure. But still can't Fiat intervene & bear minor holding/ interest charges which it can settle with dealer?

How will sales increase over 1,000? It's not easy to build reputation/ image/ trust - who better than Fiat realises it and still.....
    1 person likes this.
  6. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    It baffles me how even the basic process is not in place. How can a car dealer not have any documented rules on cancellation process
  7. VahanPujari

Mumbai
    This is a vicious circle for Fiat. Old cars lying in godowns, getting rusted, not being sold, till then fresh stock does not arrive. Tata & Fiat have to offload this old stock. Give irresistible offer & get out of this trap of old stocks. Instead of doing it, the dealer is charging customer for cancellation. There is no doubt he can not charged as there is a cost to him in cancellation. But in this case, it's not customer's fault, damn it, its a rusty car. the customer is not cancelling it & going to competition or to the other dealer that you're weary of waving cancellation charges.

Wake up Fiat ! Wake up Tata, Tata group is known for it's fairness in the market or to the customer. Where is this fairness in this deal?

And this is not a single case. There is another parallel case also for TJet - I think member name is abhineet, if I remember right.
  8. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    This is completely BS!! 10k is really not done.You should've turned the showroom upside down and asked them why 10k for cancellation?? I've never seen such a huge cancellation amount in my life esp for a FIAT car that holds no market value and is low in sales.Are you fighting for the cancellation amount?? Push them for the receipt and other legal documents required for proof of loan being cancelled.Don't let your hard earned 10k go down the drain.
  9. VahanPujari

Mumbai
    speedJet - Push them. Create a scene there when there are many customers in the showroom. Involve CRM, GM and may be owner & Tata official. Tell them that you're publishing in press what they are saying that there is no issue with the car & rust is ok - you'll publish it with the photo of the rusted car and let people decide if it's ok or not.
  10. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Keeping 10k of the booking amount is bad business ethics followed by the dealer. If there are any cancellation charges, the same should be mentioned in writing at the time of booking the car.

I guess thats how most TATA dealerships work anyways. No doubt TATA was at the absolute bottom of the list when it came to Pre-Sales experience by the customers as per JD Power survey 2010. My car was scratched at the dealership at multiple places while it was being washed and prepared for delivery in the storage shed. Car went for a repaint when it was not even a week old.