1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Dhingra Motors Gurgaon unethically charges Rs10000 as interest, details on pg14

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by speedJet, Oct 15, 2011.

1. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    After my escalations last week, I was promised a response by the involved authorities. But no response, so my dealer has a larger influence then the involved authorities

Such behavior from the dealer is not helping Fiat's cause and reputation in India.

Legal action and media is not ruled out if I do not get my money.
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    This is really pathetic. Why the hell they are not willing to refund your money? Why don't you explore the option of sending a legal notice to them?
  3. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    These are arm twisting methods from dealers side so that I buy the car from them. It is really sad to see such dealers

Media route is the next option followed by legal option
  4. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Should I hand over the receipt to dealer and wait for the refund cheque

Guys, I received an email response from the Tata RSM that I should go and hand over the receipt and collect the cheque. Tata RSM says that it is dealer process about which he cannot do anything.

I then wrote to Fiat mentioning that if I hand over the receipt I shall not have any proof with me of the payment made for the booking. I also mentioned that there is no written rule in the dealership for the same. Fiat replied saying that I am unnecessarily worried. I should hand over the receipt and collect the cheque on the basis of Tata RSM mail to me

I was not sure if he understood the issue (as he was saying that I can collect the cheque immediately), so I again replied to him that I can hand over the receipt if they are issuing the cheque immediately against the receipt (as against handing over the receipt and waiting for the cheque). I asked them for a clarification but I have not received a response from Fiat since then.

Question to the forum: is it ok to hand over the booking receipt and wait a few days for the refund cheque. As far as I am aware, handing over the receipt is a bad idea. Please suggest
  5. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    I would suggest to handover the receipt and get the cheque immediately. You can allow to post date it if you are ok with it. But do not hand over the receipt simply on words.
    1 person likes this.
  6. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    If the dealer is willing to sign on a xerox or something similar mentioning that he shall give the cheque later, will that be good enough (finance department takes some time for the cheque processing - but it is news to me that they need the receipt to process the cheque)
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2011
  7. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    I do not understand what should stop him from issuing a cheque immediately. If he asks for time get a letter in his official letter head signed instead of xerox. Sundry folks will sign it and the management might refuse to acknowledge it later.
  8. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    A receipt is an invoice. In order to issue any refund payment (cheque or DD), the finance deptt needs to have the original invoice back for cancellation. However, they should be able to issue the cheque against xerox invoice, on the condition that original shall be given to them once cheque is handed over. Try this and see their reaction.
  9. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    I will try this once more (they wanted me to keep the xerox and they would keep the original)

What does the Indian Law on refund state (if there is any such law)?
  10. rana

rana Novizio

Mumbai
    If the dealer's intentions are not malafide, then hand him over the reciept, take an acknowledgement on a xerox copy (stamped and signed) to the effect that he has received it for processing a refund. And keep somebody as witness with you. In case, you ever want to considere legal action, the witness and the witness and the acknowledgement should help you...