1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Dhingra Motors Gurgaon unethically charges Rs10000 as interest, details on pg14

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by speedJet, Oct 15, 2011.

1. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    DJ thanks for email ids

The sales manager is misbehaving which should not be the case. Also, before arriving at the cancellation decision I called up and gave options to the dealer. I was even ready to wait for the new model but needed a written committment from the dealer. The dealer was not ready and almost wanted me to take delivery of the vehicle. If they are not able to provide me options with which I am not comfortable then I do not have any other option other than cancellation.

The dealership is asking for the original receipt and not the copy. They are saying that I can keep the copy. I see all this as forceful measures so that I take delivery of the allotted vehicle.

I have added Mangesh to the loop and will write to others also
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Pathetic.
    And if Fiat doesn't intervene, shows even they are not interested to sell the car in India.

Don't handover original receipt to dealer. Wait for few days, see what Fiat has to say. Better not to talk much with dealer at this point.
    Good to include tata motors guys also in loop. At-least CC their customer care email id.
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Why do they want the receipt or even the copy? A letter from you asking for the cancellation will suffice. Sometime back I booked Figo by paying Rs. 10,000 and later cancelled it. The dealer just asked me to give a written letter for cancellation. After submission of the letter, I was refunded the entire amount within a week.
  4. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    I would suggest to send a legal notice to the dealer if they are not refunding. Always include TATA MOTORS in loop along with FIAT. Do remember that TATA is responsible for handling and delivery. They should not turn back on you indicating that you never kept them on loop.
  5. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    I had only service email id of Dhingra Motors. Using that I started a cancellation thread today. Initially the customer representative was not willing to share the email id of the GM sales. On adding Fiat VP to the loop, Dhingra Motors sales manager finally mailed me CCing Tata RSMs: he mentioned that because I did not take the car they suffered some loss. I do not know why the dealer cannot see how much trouble, pain and agony has been caused to me. They have also provided a bad name to the Fiat brand by this kind of behavior. They are now asking me to reconsider my cancellation decision (well I cannot reconsider taking the allotted car). All this time, I was running after the dealership guys - calling them up, SMSing and went atleast 5-6 times but no one was bothered. Seeing their pathetic attitude I decided to cancel the booking. Lets hope I receive my money back

Yes, I have the same understanding that a cancellation letter is good enough. I have already submitted the same

TATA guys as well as Fiat VP is in the loop. I shall keep everyone posted on the progress
  6. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Waiting for reply from Tata RSM

After adding Mangesh to the loop, I received a call from the Tata RSM last week. He promised to get back. I called him up on Friday, he said he shall get back by end of the day. I am waiting for his call
  7. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    No communication from anyone after last Wednesday. Looks like everybody expects me to follow-up
  8. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    No offence dude - but what makes you think THEY will respond? As per the dealer, nothing is wrong with all cars that you have PDI'id. You WILL have to chase them to death, and if need be, involve Fiat/Tata top brass too.

As I already suggested a couple of times earlier, have you ACTUALLY chased/put pressure? If you are REALLY serious about reclaiming your booking amount, then you have to employ all possible means - maybe involve Consumer Courts / Media et al too.
  9. xplorauto

xplorauto

Bangalore
    Absolutely second dj.nish on that. We guys are sometimes too timid to resort to legal action. Land up at their showroom with a few of your friends. Speak to them candidly. Record the conversation. Send a legal notice. Intimate Fiat officials of your intention to go to the media. Finally go to the media with the all the evidences and communication logs.

You will be surprised how legal action still works in this country. Media of course is a superb catalyst.

All the best
  10. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    A notice to contemplate legal action if not complied with will do the trick. Catch hold of a lawyer, design a letter and shoot it across. This will ensure that you will get your refund back. Also, you might have to document your mailings / conversations with these guys. Try sending couple of registered posts which will wake them up to the fact that you are planning for bigger things.. Even if you wish not to go legal and solve this amicably, make them believe that you will go to any extent to avenge this.