1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Dhingra Motors Gurgaon unethically charges Rs10000 as interest, details on pg14

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by speedJet, Oct 15, 2011.

1. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    I completely disagree with this. The sales numbers may say otherwise, but only a TRUE enthusiast knows what it is to drive and own a Fiat.
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but as per the facts, both Reliance and Essar have suffered massive losses in the petrol distribution business and their pumps are virtually extinct now. However, their up/down stream oil businesses continue to thrive. So regardless of the business acumen, any company can go wrong with a particular strategy.
    You are again not completely correct here. Fiat takes royalty for "technology transfer" regarding the manufacture of the multi-jet engines. What's wrong in that? Any creator would demand payment for his efforts!
    I completely agree with Jayadev here. Indian consumers (atleast 95%+) are more bothered about fuel efficiency and service (without knowing that company owned service centers dont actually perform their job to the best of the capability). Moreover, they are generally found to be following the 'herd mentality' and hence ignore the finer aspects of motoring in favor of the above factors. e.g. 4 people in my office bought Fluidic Verna / ANHC just because their trusted friend/relative had bought it, and these guys did not even go for a proper test drive!

I have hardly come across people who actually take detailed and thorough (and multiple) test drives, read reviews, make notes and then finalize on a car. Infact, I was told upfront by the Hyundai, VW and Honda dealerships in Mumbai that I'm being too finicky when I asked for a second TD. (An actual quote by Hyundai dealership - Sir, people have booked the Fluidic WITHOUT even driving it. Why do you want a Test Drive?). On the contrary, Fiat was more than willing to offer me as many TD as I wanted, simply because they felt that TJet deserves to be driven to recognize it's finesse.

I'm not saying the after sales / quality control should be ignored. By all means, this should be a deal breaker. But trust me, I have had my (previous) Getz serviced at both "Authorised" Hyundai service centers and "private" trust-worthy garages. And the difference in quality was humongous. And mind you - people claim that Maruti/Hyundai ASS is supposedly the best in industry.

The problem actually lies with Indian consumers. Majority of them accept whatever is thrown at them, purely because of herd mentality.
  2. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    People who drive can be classified broadly into enthusiasts like us or people who consider driving a method to go from point A to point B. People who buy a car blindly are mostly from the second category. A few of the people from the first category end up buying popular cars as they do not want to take a risk with their investment or ate probably ignorant on what a good car means. For example, if you ask the general person on what is a good car he would say Maruti Swift, Honda City or Hyukdai Verna. Most of such people are ignorant and unaware about capabilities of a good car
  3. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    No, you have to just invest on temporary registration charges which will be less than 5K. You can buy the car in any state; get it driven or transported to your current location and register it. It is easier. Check it out.
  4. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    I agree. Given the fact that you have a Mumbai/Thane address as well, you'll be able to buy a car here, get it TEMP registered and drive/container it to Delhi. You can then do a permanent registration there. Atleast your headache will be solved. Also, as per my information, you can still get May mfg TJets in Mumbai.
  5. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    From what I remember, the ex-showroom price has a sales tax component which goes to the state government (now probably replaced by VAT) and hence booking within the same state is not an issue but across states is an issue. This was the case a few years ago (I am not aware of the current situation). This sales tax also has to be paid (in addition to the registration) in case you transfer the car earlier than 18 months

I received a call from Fiat Pune today and was happy till I heard what the caller said "Sir you have shown an interest in Punto. How was the test drive?" I was stumped? As of now there are not any updates on this stalemate, I am following up with the dealer regularly.
  6. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    I dont think the ex-showroom price has tax towards state built in. Otherwise, it will be double taxation, because you would pay LTT and state registration tax again at the time of registering with the RTO na?

Do one simple thing - call up this RTO agent in Mumbai and check with him if the scheme suggested by us here is possible or not.

1. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/mumbai/83515-rto-agent-expert-mumbai.html
    2. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/mumbai/87798-rto-agent-akku-mumbai.html
  7. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Thanks I will speak with him
  8. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Dealer "Dhingra Motors" refuses to refund my booking amount of Rs 50000

My sales guy started avoiding my calls. After numerous follow-ups with the sales guy, I decided to cancel the booking last weekend and move ahead. I went to the Dhingra Motors showroom in Gurgaon Saturday but the sales guy was not available. I again went on Sunday, but the sales guy said that he was busy with car delivery. So I submitted the cancellation letter to the Fiat Manager in the showroom

ME: I want to cancel the booking as no replacement has been provided.
    Sales manager: Replacement shall not be provided.

ME: When can I come to collect the cheque?
    Sales manager: You have booked a car that is costing 10 lac Rupees and nobody buys it. It is already November and the new year is round the corner. You have blocked my Rs 10 lac

ME: I need my booking amount of Rs 50000 back as there were issues in the allotted car.
    Sales manager (He got angry): There were no issues. Submit the original booking receipt

ME: I cannot submit the original receipt as it is the only proof of the booking amount I have
    Sales manager (Angrily): I cannot refund the Rs 50000 without the receipt. You write to whomsover in Fiat, I shall not refund

ME: Please show me the rule where it is written that the original receipt has to be submitted
    Sales manager: All rules are not written. I am telling you and you have to submit the receipt

ME: I cannot submit the receipt

To all members:
    I have written to some senior member in Fiat but not got any response. It is very strange that the dealership is asking me to surrender the booking receipt - I am afraid that I shall not get back my booking amount if I submit the receipt.

What options do I have - as far as I know the receipt should not be handed over till the cheque is in my hand. Is this the correct understanding?
  9. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    It is obvious that dealer would refuse to cancel and refund. After all, the car has been invoiced to him. Sending it back to Fiat will involve considerable expense and paperwork for him and they are usually reluctant to do so.

1. Submit a xerox of the booking receipt along with the cancellation letter. Would that not solve the issue? It's the middle path for both na?
    2. I've mentioned this before, and I'll say this again. Have you written to people who will reply? IMHO, the CEO of Fiat India WILL NOT reply. Instead, try writing to these people:
    - Aashish.Bhardwaj "at" fiapl "dot" com (Product Manager – Linea)
    - Mangesh.Kodalkar "at" fiapl "dot" com
    - Ricky.Walter "at" fiapl "dot" com
    - ravi.bhatia "at" fiapl "dot" com (VP FIAT INDIA)
    - Ranjit.Pawar "at" fiapl "dot" com
    - Tarun.Khanna "at" fiapl "dot" com
    - anand.kumar "at" fiapl "dot" com (DGM Commercial)
    - marius.dlima "at" fiapl "dot" com (Head – Corporate Communications)
    - govardhan.pai "at" fiapl "dot" com
    [/LIST]
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2011
  10. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    DJ thanks for email ids

The sales manager is misbehaving which should not be the case

The dealership is asking for the original receipt and not the copy. They are saying that I can keep the copy.

I have added Mangesh to the loop. Will write to other also
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2011