1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Dhingra Motors Gurgaon unethically charges Rs10000 as interest, details on pg14

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by speedJet, Oct 15, 2011.

1. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    All

I got a chance to take a quick look at the car just when it was offloaded (the detailed PDI is pending for today) since the offloading occurred just by my office (so dealer did not get a chance to do the PDI and me taking a look was a coincidence).

The car was dirty and I noticed some paint issues (please refer red rectangle in attached photos):

1. Paint under the boot: First 2 snaps show the paint beneath the boot. It is showing a paint bubble that got burst. This was the view before the guy rubbed off the paint bubble layer. I do not have the after snap (will try to get it), but he rubbed off the paint layer. On rubbing around 1 cm oval layer of paint came off and another layer of paint was exposed

2. Paint on bumper: Last 2 snaps show the bumper with the paint chipped off. Also there is a paint bubble blob on the car body near the bumper. It appears that some part of the paint of the bumper had come off since bumper was showing black. I am not sure why a paint bubble would exist on the car body (it is small though about 5 mm in diameter

I showed above things to the guy who was around and he said "Sir car is dirty and since you were around when it was offloaded you took a look when it was dirty (it was a coincidence that I was around - dealer did not tell when the car came). Please take a look after we wash the car"

There was some rust on the iron part of the boot hydraulic hinges. As per the dealer there is nothing wrong with the paint - it is just that the car is dirty. About the rust he said it shall be removed by them. I shall go again for a detailed PDI and shall get a chance to take a look, but by this time the dealer would have done some touch ups on the paint

I need inputs from all TFIans if it is OK to accept such a car or I should ask for a replacement. My concern is that the paint should not come off in the future

IMG_0027_BumperCloseup.jpg

IMG_0023.jpg

IMG_0025_PaintLayer.jpg

IMG_0026_PaintLayer.jpg
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2011
  2. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    Not sure. You have to do a detailed PDI to decide. Do not let the dealer invoice the car in your name before you complete a through PDI. Also, considering the number of T-Jets available for (heard that they are offloading all the stock before production begins) delivery you might have to wait for some time to get another vehicle. BTW what is the manufacturing month of your car?
  3. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Srini it is a May manfacturd vehicle. Getting a fresh manufactered vehicle is not possible as it is not there. Even if dealer agrees for a replacement it would be a May vehicle. Considering that it is a petrol TJet that hardly anyone buys, he shall not agree for replacement
  4. redbull

redbull

Bangalore
    It will come off. TATA FIAT has one of the worst paint qualities in the car market. Small stones chipping the paint, brushing against bushes giving scratches. Better drive it around without worrying for scratches and chipping for some time and then get the whole body painted by some good paint shop.
  5. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    redbull, since its a new car I want to be sure that there's nothing wrong with it before buying. What happens after buying is a different thing
  6. anoop

anoop Superiore

@speedJet: Take a detail look after the dealer freshen up the car. I think he will touch up these blemishes before he deliver the car. If you are not satisfied by the paint and you are sure that the chances of getting a replacement is slim, insist on getting the paint flaws corrected. FIAT gives 5 year warranty on paint, just in case you do not know.

PS: Do not go for tefloan coating.

@Redbull: Bro, I politely disagree with you - while the paint quality of Fiat may not be the best, they are certainly not the worst. If you rub the car against bushes which have hard sticks \ thorns almost all paint will get scratched.
  7. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Thanks Anoop. What is covered under the paint warranty? I thought it was only for 2 years. I am not going for Teflon coating but I am thinking of 3M paint protection, will that help?

I have not been able to go to the dealer owing to the festive occassion today. Dealer has said that he has not done any touch ups - I am not sure what this means though, he might have done touch up and will say that there is nothing wrong it was just that the car was dirty or he really means that the car is in the same shape
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2011
  8. anoop

anoop Superiore

Make no mistake - he will touch up and will polish the car. I have asked my dealer to make sure that they do not polish the car, but even after that, they did it :(

3M is good - make sure you are getting it done from an authorized 3M center and please stay with them and make sure that they do a proper job.
  9. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    well I am aware that he would do some touch hence confused. I will see and then decide. Do you have any inputs on the paint and rust warranty?

Will 3m prevent paint chipping?
  10. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    Agreed. Also, check your tyres. They are goodyear and nowadays FIAT does not use them. Check them for any wear and tears due to long stay in same place. if any damage found ask them for replacement.