1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Destinations in Maharashtra: Help needed

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by sungoa2010, Jan 26, 2012.

1. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    I almost decided to visit Mahabaleswar in the next week(2nd). Any suggestion about hotels/resorts(2N <8K). Almost decided for Saj resort and found a good deal. ALso it is away from town and less crowded. Other place that we thought was lake view resort.
  2. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Starting the trip on Friday. I am little confused about the google map near kolhapur (near VW kolhapur), where the map asks to take a U turn and then a left tun to Miraj road and again this road join with the NH4 near Marathi Vidya Mandir(blue coloured). But it looks like in google map that one can directly go near VW(white arrow in fig) without a right diversion. Can anybody tell
    whether this is a error in map or one has to follow this.

route.jpg

Is there any good place for lunch other than kolhapur. If I reach Kolhapur early I would like to drive more and stop some where else for lunch.
    Thanks in advance.
    Last edited: Feb 29, 2012
  3. nobrakes

nobrakes

Mumbai
    1 person likes this.
  4. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Just drive on 4-laned NH 4 Kolhapur bypass. You don't have to go inside Kolhapur.
    Sai Food Court on RHS of NH 4 while going from Bangalore towards Mumbai after Kolhapur is a good eatery with clean toilets.
  5. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Thanks Ravi sir. This is the first time I am taking my punto to NH4. Till now he was commuting in NH17. My wife and son hate speed. So i will concentrate on FE this time. Let me see how much I squeeze out this time.

Nobrakes, Thanks for the information. I had booked in Saj resort. Got a good deal.
    1 person likes this.
  6. Aanand

Aanand Amatore

Pune
    Do check out Hotel Prospect in Panchgani - Estb.1912
    Panchgani, Mahableshwar, heritage, hotel, honeymoon, vacation destination, weekends getaway
    May want to stay there during your next trip.

At Mahabaleshwar, don't miss a meal at 'The Grapevine'.
    Also, enjoy their Irish coffee.
    It's walking distance from the main bus stand.

As far as the Punto is concerned.
    Don't worry about it and just enjoy the drive.
    (I did a 2400 odd kms trip from Pune to Bhuj and back in December 2011 and not a squeak - loved every moment of driving this car).

Happy journey.
    And remember the following:
    1 person likes this.
  7. I think Matheran... is a very good destination since long back I had gone on a school trip and the "bajra" roti was one of the best food I have ever had.
  8. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Thanks Romsy. Added to the wish list of next destinations. This time due to time constrains only panchgani and Mahabaleswar is included.
  9. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    sungoa
    Miraj should not come in your trip(myselves frm ths miraj).
    You have two routes depending upon driving mood. Myselves came frm malvan-vaibhavwadi-gaganbawda-kolhapur.
    The other one sawanthwadi-amboli-nipani-ajra-nh4kolhapur bypass.
    Better u opt for sawanthwadi-nippani-kolhapurbypass.
    1 person likes this.
  10. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Thanks Ganges.I am choosing the amboli -nipani route. When I looked for driving direction in google map it shows a right diversion near VW via a the miraj road-mouje vadgaon-Kolhapur air port and then again join the NH4. Since it was marked in blue I got confusion. I hope there will be sign board for NH bypass.